Colney Heath picked up their best win of the season and on the road as they turned on the style against Biggleswade United.

The 5-1 Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division win has the Magpies up to seventh and in touching distance of the play-offs.

And they got off to a great start when a quick kick forward from Connor Sansom found George Sippetts out wide on the right wing.

He played an instant ball inside for Ollie Lawford to hit it first time into the far corner.

Both Lawford and Sippetts were working hard up front but the Magpies had to wait until the 30th minute before the second goal came.

Brad Dixon-Smith hit a long ball across from the right wing to the far side of the box.

Lawford whipped it back into the six yard box for Jonas Kolanda to race in and grab his first for the club.

Only five minutes separated the next goal, but there was still chances in between.

Sippetts had two efforts go really close while Lawford was denied by an Ollie Leslie save.

And it was a spill by the former Welwyn keeper that gave Kai Thomas-Fraser the chance to stab the ball home from two yards.

Lawford had a goal ruled out for offside too before the half ended but after a few half chances in the second period, he did double his tally.

It came from a free-kick following a foul on Sippetts, curled around the wall and into the bottom corner on 61 minutes.

Biggleswade hit back five minutes later through Ethan Flanagan but the Mags were never going to be denied the points.

Etienne Kelechi had a firm drive flash just wide of the far post as the visitors turned up the pressure late on.

And it was the substitute who completed the rout, smashing in a shot at the death after a good ball into the box by Jack McShane.

Harpenden Town had a difficult week though.

They started it by losing 2-1 at Stansted, Isaiah Hilaire having equalised in the second half only to see the Airportmen snatch it back within 10 minutes.

The Harps also bowed of the SSML Premier Division Cup, losing 5-4 on penalties at Cockfosters after a 2-2 draw.

St Albans & District Primary Schools continued their season with three wins from four.

In the Cotswold League, the Yellows stepped it up in the second half to win 6-1 at Newbury with a hat-trick from Duncan, two from Mendez-Barral and one for Stewart.

The Blues also started slow at Newbury B before winning 4-2 in a Geoff Richards League & Trophy match.

Joseph, Burt, Kennedy and Pidgeon got their goals.

They lost 1-0 to Gloucester B with a breakaway undoing all their domination, which saw them hit the bar and force the keeper into a number of saves.

In the London Girls League, St Albans won 5-1 against Brent.

In what was another good performance, they warmed up for their National Cup quarter-final against Chelmsford with goals from Mellor (two), Taylor, Sizer and Mansfield.