Harpenden Town are into the semi-final of the Herts Women's Senior Cup after victory over Cheshunt.

Skipper Rebecca Dowdall led the team on her birthday to a 3-1 home win that sets up a last four clash with Royston Town, winners against holder Stevenage.

After a slow start, Harps finally got going and Sophia Amanor went close with a shot that was blocked by the Cheshunt keeper Emily Goodacre at her near post.

The keeper had to be on her toes to tip a stinging header from Chloe Dinsey over the top following yet another corner kick from Mel Jones but finally the home side got the breakthrough.

Amanor's burst into the box ended with her being brought down by Goodacre but she got up to fire the penalty home for her 24th of the season.

Natalie Cloy went close to a second but Goodacre made the save and Cheshunt's only real attempt of the first half ended with Harpenden keeper Sophie Harris making a good stop.

The second period was just five minutes old when it became 2-0.

Cheshunt tried to play the ball out from a goal kick but Belle Shannon robbed a defender and then spun round in an instant to strike a low shot into the far corner via the inside of the post.

Two then became three 11 minutes later.

Dinsey played a lovely ball through to Amanor and after running beyond two defenders, she drilled the ball past Goodacre.

Chesunt were given a way back into the game when Kacee Warren fouled Khyrah Fagbemi inside the box, Georgina Gosnell converting from 12 yards.

An offside flag prevented them from adding a second but Harpenden still finished the stronger, Amanor hitting the underside of the crossbar and Goodacre making two superb stops to prevent Jasmine Hughes and Amanor from scoring.

The other semi-final will see Watford's first team take on their reserves, the latter reaching this stage with a 1-0 win over St Albans City.

In the Herts Women's Trophy, Colney Heath are through to the quarter-finals after a 2-0 win away to Hartham United.

Cally Salter and Lacey Kavanagh-Blake got the goals to set up a last eight meeting with Hitchin Belle Blues.

There was an outstanding performance by the St Albans Primary Schools Blues in the Cotswold Shield.

The district side travelling down the M4 to play Newbury and returned with an 8-2 win. a result that they totally deserved.

Four goals came from Joseph with Burt, Ponzo, Dyer and Kennedy also on target.

The Yellows hosted Dacorum in the Southern Counties League at Sandringham School.

But despite having most of the chances and possession for the second week in a row, a superb rear guard display by the Dacorum defence, and especially their keeper, saw Dacorum win 3-2.

Mendez-Barral got both St Albans goals.

St Albans City Youth U11 East played their first match in Division One of the West Herts League away to Berkhamsted Raiders Red.

There were goals for Danny Kennedy, Louis Burt and Harry Brewer and plenty of good performances from Cameron Shepherd, Archie Hunter, Kian Guigonnet, Jake Davenport, William Ostler, Bertie Henson, Dylan Simcock and Joshua Smith.

Colney Heath put in a good performance in a narrow loss at FC Romania in the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division.

They were beaten 2-1 at Cheshunt and started slowly, falling behind on eight minutes when a Zenon Stylianides shot deflected off a defender and sent Connor Sansom the wrong way.

It became 2-0 just 10 minutes later, Stylianides beating the offside trap and calmly chipping the ball over the advancing Sansom for his second.

Romania continued to be on top until finally the Magpies wrestled a bit of control from them.

It almost brought a goal when Bradley Dixon-Smith fired in a low shot that beat keeper Connor Beattie, only to clip the outside of the far post and go behind.

Heath did pull a goal back before half-time though. Harley Fonti, Dominic Knaggs and Jack McShane were all involved but it George Sippetts who supplied the finishing touch from six yards.

There were chances in the second half to draw level with McShane, Sippetts and Sam Denham all going close.

The closest to scoring was once again Sansom, up for a late corner. This time though his header went just wide of the far post, a similar fate to what happened to James Samways' header right before the final whistle.

London Colney drew 2-2 away to Deportivo Gallica after twice being in the lead, Carsel Hylton getting both goals for the Blueboys.