Harpenden Town and Colney Heath were two of the sides who were left stuck in the mud after rain washed out many football fixtures.

Harps did actually get started away to Stansted but the fall-out from Storm Babet meant Hargrave Park was already sodden but another deluge at half-time left the surface unplayable.

The Airportmen led 2-1 at that point with Harry Andic on target for Harpenden.

Colney Heath didn't even get started, their match at the notoriously wet Aylesbury Vale Dynamos called off early.

They did play in the week though when their four-year long unbeaten run in the Herts Charity Shield came to an end.

They lost 3-2 to Oxhey Jets in the semi-final meaning they couldn't add a third successive title to the ones won in 2018 and 2019.

All five goals came in the second half with the Magpies taking the leas on 65 minutes through Jordan Kinoshi, latching onto a through ball by James Samways and going round the keeper.

Five minutes later though Jets were 2-1 up, both goals scored by Dylan Hickman-Singh.

But Heath love this competition and a fourth goal in seven minutes dragged them level, Samways turning scorer this time with Sam O'Hare providing the delivery.

The winner arrived five minutes from time when a corner kick was swung in for Owen Ayres to tuck the ball away from close range.

The Magpies finished the game with 10 men too as Kairo Anthony was shown a second yellow card.

Harpenden's midweek game at Crawley Green was also high scoring but ended in a 4-3 loss.

Substitutes Hadley Gleeson (two) and Jamie Riley were the Town scorers as they came back from 3-0 down, only to concede a penalty in stoppage town.

London Colney did play to a finish though on Saturday, drawing 1-1 at home to London Samurai Rovers in Division One of the Combined Counties League.

The St Albans Primary Schools district boys' teams were in action.

The Yellows won 5-0 against Newbury in the Southern Counties League with a hat-trick from Duncan and one each for Phillips and Beeby.

A spokesman for the district said: "It was a dominant performance from the Yellows who claimed the three points with a fine passing performance.

"Special mention goes to U10 players Ethan and Tristan who stepped up to cover players who were away."

The Blues then made it two wins from two by beating Newbury B in the Geoff Richards Memorial.

Joseph got three this time with Kennedy and Burgoyne-Richards getting the others.

The spokesman added: "It was a slow start by the Blues who went 1-0 down within the first minute, but they soon got their game together and came out comfortable winners.

"Special mention to U10 player Ted who came up due to half-term holidays."

There was no game for the girls this week but they host Woking on Saturday, as do the Blues, while the Yellows travel to Hackney.