Harpenden Town will have another home tie in the Women's FA Cup after a free-scoring win in the second qualifying round.

They beat Essex-based Toby 6-2 at Rothamsted Park and will now play Brantham Athletic in the next round.

They had to suffer a couple of scares during the match but struck back to win with some fine attacking play and some great goals.

They were a goal down after only a few minutes, Iva Hrisimova passing it back to keeper Sophie Harris with both taken aback by the speed of the new artificial surface.

The scores were level after 17 minutes though, Louisa Ransom smashing a shot into the roof of the net after a ball though by Natalie Cloy.

Harpenden had another two by half-time.

A scramble inside the box on 32 minutes saw Cloy set-up Chloe Dinsey and three minutes later Dinsey turned provider, giving Sophia Amanor grab her 14th of the season.

But like the first half, the second period opened up with a Toby goal, Amy Jacobs pouncing on a defensive mix-up inside the box.

It was the final act of defiance from the visitors but it took until 71 minutes for Harpenden to score again, Amanor played in by Erin Shacklock this time.

Eight minutes later Ransom got her second with Kacee Warren the assist and the victory was wrapped up in added time, Amanor finding Jasmine Hughes inside the box to hit a low shot beyond Enya Hayes.

The St Albans Primary Schools' sides continued their seasons.

The girls were beaten 2-0 at Slough in the Southern Counties Girls' League in a game where missed chances cost them despite long periods of domination.

There was mixed feelings for the boys.

The Blues also lost, 2-1 to Brent A despite having gone into half-time leading through a Rowland goal.

But the Yellows won in the Southern Counties League, beating Swindon 8-3 with two goals each for Hawkes, Hodgkinson and Mendez-Barral and one for Beeby and Gibbons.

Colney Heath's youngsters had the usual mixed bag of results.

The U16s lost 3-2 against Norseman, Kaison Kan getting both the Magpies goals, but the U13 EJA side had a big 19-0 success over London Tigers.

Luke McAllister got five, Zach Bradbury four and Chris Cook, Max Cleveland and Toby Boxer two each.

Harry Elliman, James Hallam, Finley Smith and Max Schaffer got the others.

The U14 EJA won 6-2 against London with Kyan (two), Riley, Charlie, Noah and Tyler C on target.

Edward and Chris scored as the U10s won 2-0 against Croxley Green but the U13s lost 3-1 to Hemel Hempstead Town, Joe O’Donoghue scoring the only goal.

Colney Heath's first team had a crushing 4-0 win away to Shefford Town & Campton in the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division.

The returning George Sippetts had a dream second debut after signing from Cockfosters.

He was brought down inside the box on four minutes, allowing Jordan Kinoshi to fire the Magpies into the lead from the spot, despite Alfie Bonfield getting a hand to it.

Sippetts then got number two himself on 26 minutes. 

Jack Percy went down the right wing after a good ball by Lewis Croucher and he put in a great cross that was just too inviting for the young striker.

And despite Shefford putting a lot of pressure on the Magpies goal, it was the visitors who added to their tally before half-time, Croucher and Percy again combining for Sam Denham to get the final touch.

The win was sealed on 73 minutes.

Kinoshi started it, playing in Billy Owen but the forward did fantastically well to skip past a few defenders before cutting into the box from the right, draw the keeper, and slide the ball into the unguarded net.

The only downside for the Magpies was Sam Doolan breaking down in the warm-up, Dom Knaggs carrying a knock throughout, Sam Ejjayha carried off with a bad injury and keeper Connor Sansom off with a damaged finger, meaning Heath finished the game with 10 men and Denham in goal.