Two wins in a week sent Harpenden Town ladies top of Eastern Region Division One North.

It began on Thursday with a 2-1 success away to Wootton Blue Cross, Sophia Amanor getting both of them.

And they followed that up with another road win, this one 3-1 at Yaxley Phoenix.

The damage was all done in the first half with Amanor getting another brace, taking her tally to 13 so far this season, and one for Louisa Ransom.

Harps hit the post early on when a corner from Rebecca McShane went all the way across to the back stick.

But they had the lead on 15 minutes, Chloe Dinsey playing the ball to Amanor and the top scorer sending it in off the crossbar.

Four minutes later Harpenden and Amanor had another, McShane this time splitting the defence to send the scorer away.

The third arrived on 38 minutes.

Erin Shacklock make a great run down the left wing and her cross was way too inviting to pass up, Ransom gleefully accepting the gift.

The early going of the second period though saw Yaxley pull one back, Yasmin Green drilling a low shot past Sophie Harris,

Any hope of staging a comeback was dented when Yaxley had a player sent off after a foul on the keeper and despite some late attempts for Harpenden, there was no further score. 

Colney Heath Ladies won 2-0 at Hartham United in the Beds & Herts Premier Division, Olivia Corbett getting both goals.

Harpenden's men had seriously less fun as they crashed out of the FA Vase with a 4-0 loss at home to Wembley.

The visitors started in frighteningly good form and regularly had the home defence scrambling.

Any positives for the home side were produced by George Robinson, a lively runner down the left-flank and he looked to create chances through some inviting crosses.

But it was no surprise that Wembley were able to find a way through before the break, and it came from a mistimed Harpenden header, allowing Joe Waight to chip the ball over an on-rushing Eman Olajide.

And if the home support thought the second half would bring respite, they were wrong.

They did have a glorious chance to equalise but Isaiah Hilaire put his shot too near the keeper.

And by the time the midway point of the half arrived, Wembley were four-up with Myles-Jordan Senior-Campbell, Alfie Bates and Dan Sefton on target.

A shot from the outside of the area that clipped the outside of the post was the nearest Harpenden came to getting back into the contest.

It was a similar tale of woe for Colney Heath in the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division, beaten by the same score away to St Panteleimon.

They were 2-0 down at the break, Renzo Alves getting the first for the Potters Bar-based side and then Flavio Gyawu a few minutes later.

The Magpies made changes at the break, Lewis Croucher replaced by Kai Thomas-Fraser and the boss also tinkering with the formation.

It almost had an instant impact too but Adam Wallace's touch let him down and his effort went wide instead of being put away.

And then disaster struck as first Thomas-Fraser received a straight red card for a hard challenge only to be followed by manager Matt Day as he tried to find out why his man had been sent off.

The 10 men created one or two chances but couldn't find the goal that would have led to a nervy finish for the hosts.

Instead St Panteleimon scored twice in the final five minutes through Courtney Massey and Hamza Meizou.

All four of the St Albans Primary School District squads made the trek to Gloucester as the league season began.

It wasn’t the young saints most successful trip but it wasn’t for the lack of trying.

The Blues were first up in the Geoff Richard Memorial League, and lost out by the odd goal in seven, having come back from 3-0 down very early in the first half.

Joseph got two and and Griffiths one as the Blues nearly rescued a hard earned point.

The U10 development side who took control early on and continued in that vein for the whole 60 minutes, running out comfortable 6-1 winners.

Some of the play was fantastic and they looked dangerous every time they got near the Gloucester goal.

John got three with Leith, Osborne and Leith on target.

The Yellows had a double header in the Southern League and the Cotswold League but despite dominating the whole first half, could only manage a solitary goal through Duncan against an inspired Gloucester keeper.

 Some of the football played in that first half was top drawer but the second half was different as Gloucester came out and worked harder and harder to give the young Saints no time on the ball.

They capitalised on a small mistake to equalise, then grabbing the three points with a deflected goal.

The girls were last up, playing in the Southern League, and in an entertaining, end to end match, they lost out to two very late goals after grabbing an equaliser with four minutes to play to make it 2-2.

Goal scorers were Mansfield and Ashcroft.

Next week, the girls visit Slough while the Yellows host Swindon at Colney Heath FC.

Colney Heath U10s lost 2-1 at Berkhamstead Raiders, with their only goal from Christopher Garcia Vida, while the U13s went down 1-0 in the League Cup against Bushey & Oxhey Jaguars

The U15s lost  3-1 to AEK Youth in the cup.

The EJA teams had better fortune though.

The U16s drew 2-2 with Harefield United, Nathan Brinkley getting them both, while the U15s won 6-2 against Enfield Borough.

Michal Glowacki and Daniel Thomas each got two with Oscar Roe and Elikem Ameadah getting one each.

The U14s won 3-1 against Edgware & Kingsbury with goals from Tyler Koy, Charlie Ashton and Noah Browne, and Ali Parr, Jack Warrant, Ed James and Zach Bradbury were all on target as the U13s won 4-3 over Cockfosters.