There is no doubt the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division is back from its summer break - as clubs are thrown straight back into the deep end.

Colney Heath played twice this week.

Saturday's game saw a frantic finish at home to Arlesey Town with the sides drawing 2-2.

The Blues had taken a 1-0 lead into the second half which had come somewhat against the run of play.

Jack Percy had one effort saved at the foot of the post while Thomas Fraser put a firm header just past the post as Colney created the chances in the early going.

But in rare attack, John Abe was allowed to run unchallenged towards Connor Sansom's goal and he found the bottom left corner from the edge of the area.

The second period saw Arlesey gradually get on top but they did not score any more as the Heath defence held firm.

But, just as the visitors had in the first half, then it was the turn of the Magpies to score against the run of play.

With 72 minutes on the clock, Ibrahim Camara played a great ball through for Jordan Kinoshi to latch on to.

And with goalkeeper Ollie Skinner trying to close him down, the former WGC forward slipped it past him and into the back of the net for a great finish.

Matt Gilbert nearly restored Arlesey lead with a free-kick that was cleared off the line but with the home side creating pressure, what seemed to be a winner arrived on 88 minutes.

Billy Owen and Adam Wallace both had shots blocked but as the ball ran loose again, Pijus Montvydas fired it home with the aid of a slight deflection.

But the Magpies were unable to see the game out and in the second minute of stoppage time, Aaron Gooch fired in the bottom left corner from inside the box after the defence failed to clear the ball.

The Magpies lost though for the first time in the league this season on Tuesday night, as they went down 1-0 away to Tring Athletic.

The winner came from the penalty spot on 76 minutes, Josh Chamberlain putting it beyond the diving Sansom who had gone the right way.

Those games leave Colney Heath 10th in the table with their next match the FA Cup preliminary round clash with FC Romania on Saturday.

That is at 3pm at the Recreation Ground.

Harpenden Town's men won 4-2 on Saturday away to Shefford Town & Campton with two goals from James Younger and one each for Hadley Gleeson and Richard Oluwatoyin.

They played away at London Lions on Wednesday after Herts Ad Sport had gone to press.

Harpenden's ladies, playing in their first Eastern Region Division One North game, lost by the odd goal in seven at Histon.

It took a goal in the final minute to give Histon a 4-3 win and all three points, Sophie Amanor getting two of the Harpenden goals and Dani Ransom one.

Natalie Cloy and Jamie Curtain got the assists with the former and Erin Shacklock sharing the player of the match award.

London Colney meanwhile drew 1-1 with Hillingdon Borough on Saturday in the Combined Counties League Division One North before losing 2-0 at home to Amersham Town on Tuesday night.

Tommy Pidgeon got their only goal.