Halloween was either six months early for sides in the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division or six months late, depending on your point of view, but there could be an even bigger horror show heading the way of one of them by the weekend.

London Colney's relegation was confirmed on Saturday after a 5-0 loss at Aylesbury Vale Dynamos, Harpenden Town also conceded five in their match at Dunstable Town, losing 5-1, while Colney Heath suffered a horrendous afternoon as they lost 11-2 at home to Risborough Rangers.

Tuesday night wasn't much better for two of the clubs either.

Harpenden went down 4-2 to Ardley United although London Colney saved a bit of face with a 2-0 success over Potton United thanks to a Tommy Pidgeon penalty and another from Keane Fullwood.

However, it was Colney Heath's 1-0 loss at Hoddesdon Town which could prove the most traumatic.

The league reaches its final weekend on Saturday and Colney Heath have now slipped into the bottom two, their vanquishers moving above them.

It means even a win for the Magpies away to Potton United might not be enough, should Hoddesdon get success at Arlesey.

A draw for the Lilywhites would still require a Heath win with only a defeat for Hoddesdon allowing the draw to be an option for the village side.

The loss to Risborough on Saturday was described as "a ridiculous, extraordinary and humbling score".


They were continually sliced apart by the quick attacks down both wings, with Rangers scoring with ease at times.

The visitors had taken the lead on three minutes, Ben Sturgess finding Jetro Odumosu who fired low past Tiernan Parker after cutting inside, but the Mags hit straight back, Jamaal Radway squaring for Bradley Dixon-Smith to fire home from the edge of the box.


But after Parker pushed a James Dobson free-kick over the top, Risborough went 3-1 ahead as Odumoso completed his hat-trick after just 32 minutes.

Odumoso almost got his fourth but the post denied him that honour and yet still Rangers piled forward.

Victor Makowski did tuck away the fourth though and Louis Walsh made it five.

That promoted a change from the home bench, Stephen Dodd and Ricky Brennan replaced by Vladut Sighiartau and Courtney Austin and it seemed to have some effect as Jesse Armoo pulled one back from the penalty spot after Connor Cullen was brought down by the keeper.


Any hope that was going to spark an incredible revival was blown away early in the second period.

A penalty to Risborough, given for a foul on Odumoso by Parker, was scored by Dobson and then Asher Yearwood scored twice in quick succession

And Colney Heath, already searching in vain for answers, shot themselves in their foot when Radway was shown a red card for reckless tackle.

It was a surprise therefore that the final three all arrived inside the last 10 minutes.

Harry Scott got number nine with a cracking shot into the far corner and double digits was found two minutes later, Rahman Ajibola scoring from close range.

Liam Envier-Marum rubbed salt into the gaping Colney Heath wound with the 11th.