Welwyn Warriors threw a huge spanner into the Herts Ad Sunday League Division Two title race by ending Pinewood's unbeaten record.

Wood had won eight and drawn two of their opening 10 games but suffered their first loss as Warriors won 3-0.

They are still top but are now just four points ahead of Hatfield Seniors and the Warriors, both of whom have played two games less.

Gabriel Asare-Bekoe led the way with two goals while Stephen Mee added the other.

At the other end of the table, Wheathampstead 89 won their first league game of the season, beating Harpenden Colts OB Res 3-2.

Tim Briggs, Steven John and James Watt for their goals with John Woodward and John Ady replying for the Colts.

Six Bells remain bottom of the Premier Division after a 3-1 defeat to Plough & Harrow, Chris Dunn and Niall Kateley among the goals. Harry Seeby got the Bells consolation.

In Division One, Harpenden Colts OB recorded their highest score of the season with an 8-2 success against Saints.

Dan Bradley and Jamie Jones helped themselves to doubles with Oli Lacey, Luke Marsh and Jack Toy also on the score-sheet. Jordan Cocomazi and Connor Smith scored for Saints.

Division Three leaders Strafford Arms Res extended their lead to eight points with a 5-0 win over Welwyn Warriors Res while St George's won 2-1 against The Wrestlers in the battle of the bottom two.

Seven different players were on target for Division Four leaders Brookmans Park Res as they won 8-2 against Cub - Scott De La Fuente, Nathan Card, Bradley Carter, Nathan Gibbins, Skrdlik Jiri, Ronan Nevin and Andrew Peet - and Mermaid Res also hit eight in a 13-goal thriller against Hadham Rovers Yellow.

Ken Lee got four, Hassan Bhandari two and Craig Clark and Stan Hurt on each as they won 8-5.

Royston Rangers beat Alban Dynamo Res 4-0 with goals from Cameron Ferguson (two), Tom Perry and Brad Goldby Solomon.

Royston's reserves also won, beating St Albans Eagles 5-1 in Division Five thanks to doubles from Dan Moss and Ashleigh Robin and one for Charley Winnett.

Phoenix Ad pulled off a surprise as they beat leaders Rose & Crown Mosquito 4-2 with Simon Brown, Donal Corcoran, Harry Cunningham and Danny Norris on target and there were two goals for Billy Smith as St Albans Warriors won 6-2 against London Colney United.

Aaron Crawford, Dan Gillians, Ben Tester and Daryl Dunbar got the others.

Little Heath advance in the Herts Sunday Intermediate Cup with a 6-5 penalty shoot-out win over Oceans XI after the sides had drawn 1-1. Harry Lockwood scored for Heath and George Fennel for Oceans.

Phoenix Res bowed out of the Herts Sunday Junior Cup though, losing 5-4 to AC Malone on penalties after a 2-2 draw, Robert Calancea getting the two.

Three sides advanced to the Herts Ad Challenge Cup quarter-finals.

The Bull won 4-0 against Hilltop with a double from Jack Woods and one each for Lui Neill and Philip Taylor, while goals from William Clark, Sammy Kinsley and Charlie Nelson helped Brookmans Park to a 3-2 win over Mermaid for whom Tom Colbourne and Chris Wilding scored.

Phoenix and Forever Young fought out a 1-1 draw before FYP progressed 5-4 in the shoot-out. Sam Bozier scored for Phoenix.

Welwyn Rangers reached the last eight of the Herts Ad Junior Cup with a 2-0 win against Alban Dynamo, both goals coming from James Burgess.