Colney Heath's newly-found confidence shone through as they fought back in the final six minutes to salvage a draw at Ardley United.

The Magpies had come into the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division game on the back of a draw and two wins.

That run looked to be over though when they trailed 3-1 in the final stages of the game at the Recreation Ground.

However, Hadley Gleeson raised the hopes of the home fans as he got on the end of a Shimron Eaton-Bonnick free-kick, driving it low past Ben Hoy in the Ardley goal to make it 3-2.

And the comeback was completed in stoppage time.

Clarence Emeh hit a long ball forward which was nodded on by Vassili Mandeville into the path of Karmel El-Maghur.

He then used all his pace to leave the visiting defenders trailing before sending an effort off the inside of the post for 3-3.

Remarkably there was still time for one more Colney attack but Taren Rattrey's low whipped cross from the left flashed through the six-yard box with no Magpie able to apply the finishing touch.

The game's opening also had a home goal to celebrate.

Jayden Silcott-Brown played the ball to Alex Cathline who in turn found Gleeson.

The in-form forward then picked his spot from 20 yards, sending a screaming shot in to the top corner after 16 minutes.

To the ir credit, Ardley came straight out fighting and after Haydon McConnell had a low drive saved by Bradley Shaw, the keeper on loan from Hendon for the next few games with Liam Studley unavailable, and Lewis Gabbidon put one wide, they found a way through thanks to Anaclet Odhiambo on 28 minutes.

There were no more goals before half-time although there were chances, Conal Rogan and Odhiambo denied by good saves from Shaw while Silcott-Brown had an effort blocked before Hoy denied Rattrey.

The second period began with Ardley getting their noses in front, Declan Benjamin putting an unstoppable effort high past Shaw.

Rogan nearly added a third goal but he was thwarted by a cracking save by the new Heath man, tipping the stinging shot over the crossbar.

At this point El-Maghur and Emeh came on for Silcott-Brown and Sergen Erkarslan and both of the new men almost announced their arrivals with goals.

But it was Ardley who scored next, Liam Talboys picking up a long crossfield pass on 79 minutes and thumping it into the far corner.

Fortunately for Colney Heath, it was not the end of the scoring.

Harpenden Town have been in indifferent form with just one win in the last five league games.

However, they snapped that sequence in style, with a late strike at home to Shefford Town & Campton giving them a 2-1 win.

It hadn't started well, Shefford taking a 1-0 lead into half-time courtesy of a 32nd-minute strike.

Harps did have chances in the first period, both Jake Anthony and Ryan Plowright hitting the woodwork, but it was a moment midway through the second half that would eventually prove crucial, Curtis Dibley coming on alongside Miles Habashi.

A few minutes after the change Nathan McGreevey dragged Harps level by sending a shot under the body of the keeper.

And the winner came in the last 10 minutes, Dibley dancing through the defence before finding the finish for his first goal for the club.

London Colney had two games planned with Risborough Rangers but both Saturday and Tuesday's matches were called off because of waterlogged pitches.

The same reason put pay to Colney Heath's midweek game at home to St Panteleimon.

The next games come on Saturday with Colney Heath hosting Hoddesdon Town, Harpenden visiting Ardley and London Colney at home to Potton United.

Elsewhere Stotfold sit top after a scrappy 2-1 win over Tring Athletic, Mason Spence and Jack Bradshaw getting the goals, and a 1-1 draw with Arlesey Town in midweek, the point moving the latter above Colney Heath.

Leighton Town remain second after a much more comprehensive 8-0 win over Hoddesdon, William Summerfield and former London Colney and Harpenden striker Archie McClelland getting two each.