100% return for St Albans Hockey Club’s ladies
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Hockey Club’s ladies’ teams emerged from their away games with 100 per cent success on Saturday.
Angela Byrne led the Bodiceas to a 3-2 win at Broxbourne, with goals from Lou Jackman, Amber Reynolds and Mary Oswin. The Tangerines 2nds led by Ann-Marie Davenport thumped Bromley-Beckenham 5-1 to stay top of East Division 1S, with goals from Annie Barrett, Jo Weston, Julie McConnell and two from Fiona Nekeman.
Meanwhile, Hannah Macleod’s 1sts stayed joint top of the Investec Women’s East Conference after a 1-0 raid at Horsham. Chrissy Horn scored the winner with a great finish from an Ellie Watton through ball.
Inspired coaching from men’s 1sts head coach and England manager Andy Halliday was within 90 seconds of sealing the points at home to City of Peterborough in an exciting 4-4 draw.
Earlier, the teenagers in the men’s 3rds impressed again in a 2-0 home win against London Wayfarers Vikings.
You may also want to watch:
This week, the men’s 1sts travel to Dereham while another enthusiastic all-age home crowd will watch the ladies’ 1sts entertain Harleston Magpies on Sunday in 2pm start at Oaklands.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 3 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 9 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 10 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor