100% return for St Albans Hockey Club’s ladies
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Hockey Club’s ladies’ teams emerged from their away games with 100 per cent success on Saturday.
Angela Byrne led the Bodiceas to a 3-2 win at Broxbourne, with goals from Lou Jackman, Amber Reynolds and Mary Oswin. The Tangerines 2nds led by Ann-Marie Davenport thumped Bromley-Beckenham 5-1 to stay top of East Division 1S, with goals from Annie Barrett, Jo Weston, Julie McConnell and two from Fiona Nekeman.
Meanwhile, Hannah Macleod’s 1sts stayed joint top of the Investec Women’s East Conference after a 1-0 raid at Horsham. Chrissy Horn scored the winner with a great finish from an Ellie Watton through ball.
Inspired coaching from men’s 1sts head coach and England manager Andy Halliday was within 90 seconds of sealing the points at home to City of Peterborough in an exciting 4-4 draw.
Earlier, the teenagers in the men’s 3rds impressed again in a 2-0 home win against London Wayfarers Vikings.
This week, the men’s 1sts travel to Dereham while another enthusiastic all-age home crowd will watch the ladies’ 1sts entertain Harleston Magpies on Sunday in 2pm start at Oaklands.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 4 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 5 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 6 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 7 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 8 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 9 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 10 Herts, camera, action! Turning film fantasy into reality with new screen tourism development programme