100% return for St Albans Hockey Club’s ladies
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Hockey Club’s ladies’ teams emerged from their away games with 100 per cent success on Saturday.
Angela Byrne led the Bodiceas to a 3-2 win at Broxbourne, with goals from Lou Jackman, Amber Reynolds and Mary Oswin. The Tangerines 2nds led by Ann-Marie Davenport thumped Bromley-Beckenham 5-1 to stay top of East Division 1S, with goals from Annie Barrett, Jo Weston, Julie McConnell and two from Fiona Nekeman.
Meanwhile, Hannah Macleod’s 1sts stayed joint top of the Investec Women’s East Conference after a 1-0 raid at Horsham. Chrissy Horn scored the winner with a great finish from an Ellie Watton through ball.
Inspired coaching from men’s 1sts head coach and England manager Andy Halliday was within 90 seconds of sealing the points at home to City of Peterborough in an exciting 4-4 draw.
Earlier, the teenagers in the men’s 3rds impressed again in a 2-0 home win against London Wayfarers Vikings.
You may also want to watch:
This week, the men’s 1sts travel to Dereham while another enthusiastic all-age home crowd will watch the ladies’ 1sts entertain Harleston Magpies on Sunday in 2pm start at Oaklands.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25