St Albans Mayor holding carol concert to support Rennie Grove
- Credit: Archant
An open-air carol concert is being hosted by the St Albans Mayor, and all are welcome to attend.
This event is on Sunday, December 9 at 4pm and will raise funds for Rennie Grove Hospice Care.
It will take place beside one of the city’s most famous landmarks, the 15th century Clock Tower in the High Street.
St Albans Mayor Rosemary Farmer said: “I am very proud to be hosting this fabulous concert, that will get people in a joyous mood for the festive season.
“During the service, there will be a collection for Rennie Grove and we will also pause for a minute or two to remember loved ones who are unable to be with us due to illness, or who have passed away.”
You may also want to watch:
Everyone taking part will be invited to purchase refreshments from a fund-raising stall outside The Boot.
For more information, see www.renniegrove.org
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 3 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 4 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 7 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 8 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 9 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans
- 10 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues