Practical help travelling to and from St Albans’ Meraki Festival
- Credit: Archant
With so much fun going on throughout the whole weekend at Meraki the organisers bagged a huge site near Redbourn to host the festival extravaganza.
But with the majority of tickets buyers hailing from St Albans, for many, Hertfordshire Showground might be a bit of a trek. Here at the Herts Ad, we’ve tried to make things easy:
Travelling by bus:
The number 34 or 46 will pick people up from St Albans and drop them off in Dunstable. However, it is only one service per hour, and none on Sundays. Visit www.centrebus.info for details.
A purpose Meraki shuttle bus is also available. Festival go-ers can be picked up from route one at London Colney, St Albans City Station, and St Albans St Peter’s Street, and route two at Harpenden Station, and Redbourn.
You may also want to watch:
It loops round along the two routes all day over the weekend. The full timetable is still to be confirmed.
Although people can buy tickets with cash on the bus, it is advised they are secured beforehand - click here.
For adults, for a day return ticket it is £5 pre-booked or £10 on the day - or for an unlimited weekend pass, it is £10 pre-booked or £20 bought on the bus.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 5 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 6 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 7 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 8 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 9 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 10 Colney Heath claim first Southern League win with Hertford success
Under 18s ride for free, but they must advance book.
The first bus sets off at 9.30am, and on Saturday and Sunday leaves the festival at 12.30am. On Sunday the last bus leaves at 11pm.
Travelling by train:
The Meraki Festival team recommend travelling to either Harpenden Station or St Albans City Station - but further travelling will be needed at those destinations. They are both stops along the festival shuttle bus route.
Travelling by car:
The entrance is only 300 metres from the M1 junction 9, and the showground is signposted along the motorway. For Sat Nav users, the postcode is AL3 7PT.
A parking pass to display on the windscreen needs to be booked in advance. It is £5 for a day, £10 for three days or £10 for five day campers.
Once it’s booked, it will be sent to your home address two weeks before the big weekend.