One Step Behind to headline Harpenden’s Festival in the Field
- Credit: Archant
Tributes to some of the world’s top music acts will be coming to a Harpenden school with the return of an award-winning outdoor festival.
Tickets go on sale today for the second Festival on the Field which will take place on Saturday July 5.
The fund-raising event, run by the school associations of Sir John Lawes and Manland Primary School and supported by the Herts Advertiser, was a sell-out success in 2012, attracting an audience of over 2,000 people to a musical extravaganza which included performances from Queen, Michael Jackson, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga tribute acts.
The audience at the 2014 event will be nearly double the inaugural festival with 3,500 tickets up for sale.
The show raised £22,000 for school projects, and received accolades from the organisation PTA-UK. The event won the Gold Star Award for Fundraising Achievement in the South of England, and then went on to become the overall winner for the UK in this category.
You may also want to watch:
Mark Hill, a key organiser of the event, who has daughters at both schools, said: “The success of Festival on the Field 2012 was a result of the huge effort and support given by parents and teachers from both school associations.
“It couldn’t have happened without this support or the sponsorship we received from local businesses. And now we’re doing it all over again in 2014.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
“A team from Sir John Lawes and Manland Primary School are hard at work organising the event, and we know that tickets will be incredibly popular.”
He added: “We have confirmed bookings for some outstanding tribute bands and are delighted to announce that One Step Behind, the leading Madness tribute band, will headline.
“We also have some impressive commercial sponsorship opportunities for the Festival and would like to hear from local businesses who are interested in becoming a headline sponsor for this fantastic event, or who would like to be involved in some other way.”
The other tribute acts, which will be revealed soon, will reproduce the sounds of the best and most famous current chart-topping talent from the UK and US.
Festival on the Field 2014 will also coincide with the 75th anniversary of both schools and it’s hoped that former students from both schools will join in with the celebrations.
Tickets can be purchased from the Festival on the Field website: www.festivalonthefield.com and you can get in touch via the Festival on the Field 2014 Facebook page, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow it on Twitter @FOTFHarpenden.