Zoo Watch: Get jitters with the critters at ZSL Whipsnade Zoo
- Credit: Archant
Adventurous families looking for Halloween fun may want to consider Boo at the Zoo, the special October half-term event from ZSL Whipsnade Zoo – if they dare!
rom Saturday, October 19 to Thursday, October 31, the zoo's animals and visitors will be celebrating all things spooky.
Fearless families can head to Ghoul School, where they can create devilishly delicious treats for the animals to enjoy, as well as making creepy crafts and menacing masks.
They can also carve their own petrifying pumpkins, as well as transform into black cats, spiders and other Halloween creatures with the help of the zoo's fearsome face painters.
There will also be terrifying talks, devilish demonstrations and a chance for children to match animals to their foul creations in the game 'Poo at the Zoo'.
You may also want to watch:
Courageous kids can get behind the wheel of a mini safari car to drive their way through the Extinct Species Graveyard and see if they can race to the end before another species becomes under threat.
At the end of each day, children can boogie away their last drops of energy disco dancing at the Pumpkin Party, and then settle down for a monstrously good tale at Boo at the Zoo story time.
Tickets can be booked online at www.zsl.org
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 4 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 7 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 8 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 10 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award