Zombies seen on the streets of St Albans: With Gallery
FLESH-eating, decaying zombies descended on an unsuspecting St Albans on market day yesterday for a chilling charity walk.
Zombie leader Sophie Whitton-Varnam organised the event to raise money for the British Heart Foundation.
Around 25 people from all over Herts turned up outside the St Peter’s Street war memorial armed with buckets and bloody prosthetics on their faces.
Liam Moorehead, who had travelled from Ware for the gruesome occasion, said: “It was organised because she’s quite popular on Tumblr.
“It’s all through social media, but she also knows some people here too.”
Sophie said: “We’re going through the town centre from here down to Verulamium Park.”
Although suitably dressed for Halloween, zombie leader Sophie stressed to her team of the undead not to scare people too much.
- 1 Is this the future of hospitality in St Albans?
- 2 Bank cards stolen from elderly woman
- 3 Teen punched in face and stomach during robbery
- 4 What next for Alban Arena and city centre culture?
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 St Albans Beer and Cider Festival set to return after two years
- 7 Fight to save village Green Belt from development
- 8 IN PICTURES: Alban Pilgrimage returns to city
- 9 10 reasons to visit this sustainable, family-owned farm shop in St Albans
- 10 Remembering 'Mr Harpenden' - the indomitable Michael Weaver
Look out for more photos of the hair-raising walk on the Herts Advertiser website at www.hertsad24.co.uk.