Zombies seen on the streets of St Albans: With Gallery
FLESH-eating, decaying zombies descended on an unsuspecting St Albans on market day yesterday for a chilling charity walk.
Zombie leader Sophie Whitton-Varnam organised the event to raise money for the British Heart Foundation.
Around 25 people from all over Herts turned up outside the St Peter’s Street war memorial armed with buckets and bloody prosthetics on their faces.
Liam Moorehead, who had travelled from Ware for the gruesome occasion, said: “It was organised because she’s quite popular on Tumblr.
“It’s all through social media, but she also knows some people here too.”
You may also want to watch:
Sophie said: “We’re going through the town centre from here down to Verulamium Park.”
Although suitably dressed for Halloween, zombie leader Sophie stressed to her team of the undead not to scare people too much.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 5 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant
- 6 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 7 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
Look out for more photos of the hair-raising walk on the Herts Advertiser website at www.hertsad24.co.uk.