Zombies seen on the streets of St Albans: With Gallery
FLESH-eating, decaying zombies descended on an unsuspecting St Albans on market day yesterday for a chilling charity walk.
Zombie leader Sophie Whitton-Varnam organised the event to raise money for the British Heart Foundation.
Around 25 people from all over Herts turned up outside the St Peter’s Street war memorial armed with buckets and bloody prosthetics on their faces.
Liam Moorehead, who had travelled from Ware for the gruesome occasion, said: “It was organised because she’s quite popular on Tumblr.
“It’s all through social media, but she also knows some people here too.”
You may also want to watch:
Sophie said: “We’re going through the town centre from here down to Verulamium Park.”
Although suitably dressed for Halloween, zombie leader Sophie stressed to her team of the undead not to scare people too much.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 4 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 5 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 9 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
Look out for more photos of the hair-raising walk on the Herts Advertiser website at www.hertsad24.co.uk.