Young woman hospitalised after being bottled by man at St Albans nightclub
- Credit: Archant
A twenty year old woman, who pushed a man away for touching her inappropriately, sustained head injuries when he struck her with a bottle in the early hours of Sunday (1).
The victim was at Club Batchwood in St Albans when the man approached her and touched her bottom. She then pushed the man away, but he later returned and ‘bottled’ her at about 1.30am.
The woman was taken to Watford General Hospital after sustaining a deep laceration to her head.
Police are appealing for witnesses and information about the incident and have described the man as mixed race, in his early 20s, of medium build, about 5”6, wearing a plain white t-shirt and dark trousers.
Det Cons James Kier is investigating and said: “This was an unprovoked and nasty assault and I’d like to identify the person responsible as soon as possible.
“There were a number of people in the club around the time of the incident and I’d like to hear from anyone who remembers seeing what happened, believe they know the identity of the offender or has any other information that could assist my investigation.”
Anyone with information about this incident can contact the police via the non-emergency number 101 or anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Man stabbed in St Albans
- 2 Area Guide: The historic St Michael's village area of St Albans
- 3 WATCH: Delivery driver caught fly-tipping in rural area
- 4 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 5 St Albans paedophile jailed for trying to arrange online abuse
- 6 Major architectural firm moves into St Albans
- 7 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 8 Sentence increase for St Albans theatre stalwart jailed for paedophilia
- 9 Daughter taking the plunge in mum's memory
- 10 St Albans is one of UK's worst locations for hay fever
Club Batchwood released this information: “We are responsible operators and the safety and enjoyment of our customers is our main priority.
“Unfortunately, there was an isolated incident in the club on Saturday night which resulted in a guest being injured. Our team responded quickly and we continue to cooperate with the Police to ensure that the perpetrator is brought to justice.”