Young St Albans and Harpenden police cadets grill Harpenden MP Bim Afolami at Westminster
- Credit: Archant
Volunteer Police Cadets from St Albans and Harpenden visited the Houses of Parliament to grill a local MP on important local issues.
There was a question and answer session with Hitchin and Harpenden MP Bim Afolami, who gave the youngsters a full tour around Westminster on their sightseeing trip to London.
The St Albans and Harpenden Cadets also went to see 10 Downing Street and New Scotland Yard.
Group leader Sgt Steve Alison said: “It was a really informative day out and a great opportunity for the cadets to talk about local issues. I would like to thank Mr Afolami for hosting us.”
Police cadets, aged between 14 and 18, learn about the law and crime enforcement procedures, as well as work alongside officers at local events.
You may also want to watch:
They also take part in activities such as white-water rafting, camping, court visits and attend music festivals and carnivals.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly