Young St Albans and Harpenden police cadets grill Harpenden MP Bim Afolami at Westminster
- Credit: Archant
Volunteer Police Cadets from St Albans and Harpenden visited the Houses of Parliament to grill a local MP on important local issues.
There was a question and answer session with Hitchin and Harpenden MP Bim Afolami, who gave the youngsters a full tour around Westminster on their sightseeing trip to London.
The St Albans and Harpenden Cadets also went to see 10 Downing Street and New Scotland Yard.
Group leader Sgt Steve Alison said: “It was a really informative day out and a great opportunity for the cadets to talk about local issues. I would like to thank Mr Afolami for hosting us.”
Police cadets, aged between 14 and 18, learn about the law and crime enforcement procedures, as well as work alongside officers at local events.
You may also want to watch:
They also take part in activities such as white-water rafting, camping, court visits and attend music festivals and carnivals.
- 1 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 2 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 3 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 4 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 5 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 6 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 7 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 8 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages