Young St Albans actor living the dream in Hamlet promotion
- Credit: Image supplied
A young actor is appearing in one of two official images promoting a new production of Hamlet in London, which has Benedict Cumberbatch in the title role.
While the artwork does not feature the Sherlock star, it does show a group of children dressed up as characters from the play, in a grey and gloomy room.
Among them is curly-haired nine-year-old Ivan Raath, pictured dressed as a skeleton.
The Barbican’s allocation of tickets for Hamlet, which runs for 12 weeks next summer, is sold out.
Ivan is part of the Living the Dream School of Performing Arts.
You may also want to watch:
He was selected to be part of Living the Dream’s new talent agency, which provides a platform for young talent in television, film and West End shows.
Zoe Jackson, who set up the arts company at the age of 16 in 2006, said: “We are very proud of Ivan’s casting in this prestigious photoshoot. We look forward to championing young talent in more opportunities to come.”
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 7 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 8 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 9 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 10 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
Lyndsey Turner’s production of Hamlet has become the fastest-selling ticket in London theatre history.