Young St Albans actor living the dream in Hamlet promotion
- Credit: Image supplied
A young actor is appearing in one of two official images promoting a new production of Hamlet in London, which has Benedict Cumberbatch in the title role.
While the artwork does not feature the Sherlock star, it does show a group of children dressed up as characters from the play, in a grey and gloomy room.
Among them is curly-haired nine-year-old Ivan Raath, pictured dressed as a skeleton.
The Barbican’s allocation of tickets for Hamlet, which runs for 12 weeks next summer, is sold out.
Ivan is part of the Living the Dream School of Performing Arts.
He was selected to be part of Living the Dream’s new talent agency, which provides a platform for young talent in television, film and West End shows.
Zoe Jackson, who set up the arts company at the age of 16 in 2006, said: “We are very proud of Ivan’s casting in this prestigious photoshoot. We look forward to championing young talent in more opportunities to come.”
- 1 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 2 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 3 Recap: Two crashes disrupting M1 and M25 drivers near St Albans
- 4 Church welcomes gay community event as part of St Albans Pub Pride
- 5 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 6 Man in his 20s stabbed in shopping area in Hemel Hempstead
- 7 Goods worth more than £260 in total stolen from St Albans Co-op store
- 8 Campaign to keep Chiswell 'green' gains momentum
- 9 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 10 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
Lyndsey Turner’s production of Hamlet has become the fastest-selling ticket in London theatre history.