Young London Colney footballers appear on EastEnders
- Credit: Archant
Young footballers from London Colney appeared on the small screen in a popular soap this week.
Players in the Under 10s London Colney Youth Football Club were extras on BBC1’s EastEnders as part of a storyline which started on Friday, January 11.
Danny Dyer’s character Mick is persuaded to help coach a football team played by about 15 of the London Colney youngsters.
London Colney Youth Club welfare officer, Donna Lambe, said: “They had a brilliant time meeting the cast and it was lovely. Danny Dyer was really nice, really good with kids, really friendly, really down to earth - I couldn’t fault him.”
It was filmed last December both at the famous Albert Square and on an AstroTurf pitch in Borehamwood. The team were picked because one of their coaches, David Markey, works for the BBC.
You may also want to watch:
She added: “They loved it, I saw a few of them at training on Saturday and they were absolutely beaming because they have been on TV.”
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 7 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 8 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 9 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 10 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved