Young London Colney footballers appear on EastEnders
- Credit: Archant
Young footballers from London Colney appeared on the small screen in a popular soap this week.
Players in the Under 10s London Colney Youth Football Club were extras on BBC1’s EastEnders as part of a storyline which started on Friday, January 11.
Danny Dyer’s character Mick is persuaded to help coach a football team played by about 15 of the London Colney youngsters.
London Colney Youth Club welfare officer, Donna Lambe, said: “They had a brilliant time meeting the cast and it was lovely. Danny Dyer was really nice, really good with kids, really friendly, really down to earth - I couldn’t fault him.”
It was filmed last December both at the famous Albert Square and on an AstroTurf pitch in Borehamwood. The team were picked because one of their coaches, David Markey, works for the BBC.
You may also want to watch:
She added: “They loved it, I saw a few of them at training on Saturday and they were absolutely beaming because they have been on TV.”
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 4 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 5 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 6 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 7 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans