Yobs throw stones at cars on A414 in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A coach and seven cars were damaged by vandals while travelling down the A414.
Seven cars were damaged on the North Orbital Road, near Colney Heath Lane, at about 8pm on Thursday, January 26.
Last night (Monday, January 30) at 7.28pm someone is believed to have thrown a stone at a coach on the same road, smashing two windows. Nobody was injured.
Safer Neighbourhood PCSO, Michaela Andrews said: “We believe that bricks or stones were thrown at the vehicles, causing the windows to smash.
“These are completely mindless acts which are not only highly dangerous, but have also left the victims with the inconvenience of having to replace their windows and at a great cost.
You may also want to watch:
“We are conducting a number of enquiries to identify who was responsible, but I would ask anyone who may have seen this take place to contact police as soon as possible.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact the London Colney Safer Neighbourhood Team on 101.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters