Xmas Market open for business
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of people kickstarted their festive celebrations with the opening of St Albans Christmas Market last Thursday.
The council-organised market is located in St Albans’ Vintry Garden, Sumpter Yard, in the shadow of the Cathedral.
Calvo the juggler, the Christmas Nutkins and the ever-popular Bjorn the Bear entertained the crowds at the opening event.
Live music was provided by Dauphin, the folk rock Celtic country blues band, and festive tunes from St Albans City Band and Alex and the Christmas Lights.
Mayor Cllr Salih Gaygusuz said: “It was fantastic to see so many people enjoying the opening of our third Christmas market in its wonderful location near St Albans Cathedral.
You may also want to watch:
“The Vintry Gardens are a wonderful sight now, with over 50 chalets decorated with fairy lights and greenery.
“Why not come along to buy presents or just to meet up with friends for festive food and drink?”
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 5 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 6 Shortages crisis hits district
- 7 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 8 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 9 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 10 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
The market is open until December 20.