Xmas Market open for business
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of people kickstarted their festive celebrations with the opening of St Albans Christmas Market last Thursday.
The council-organised market is located in St Albans’ Vintry Garden, Sumpter Yard, in the shadow of the Cathedral.
Calvo the juggler, the Christmas Nutkins and the ever-popular Bjorn the Bear entertained the crowds at the opening event.
Live music was provided by Dauphin, the folk rock Celtic country blues band, and festive tunes from St Albans City Band and Alex and the Christmas Lights.
Mayor Cllr Salih Gaygusuz said: “It was fantastic to see so many people enjoying the opening of our third Christmas market in its wonderful location near St Albans Cathedral.
You may also want to watch:
“The Vintry Gardens are a wonderful sight now, with over 50 chalets decorated with fairy lights and greenery.
“Why not come along to buy presents or just to meet up with friends for festive food and drink?”
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 4 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 5 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 8 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 9 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 10 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
The market is open until December 20.