Xmas Market open for business
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of people kickstarted their festive celebrations with the opening of St Albans Christmas Market last Thursday.
The council-organised market is located in St Albans’ Vintry Garden, Sumpter Yard, in the shadow of the Cathedral.
Calvo the juggler, the Christmas Nutkins and the ever-popular Bjorn the Bear entertained the crowds at the opening event.
Live music was provided by Dauphin, the folk rock Celtic country blues band, and festive tunes from St Albans City Band and Alex and the Christmas Lights.
Mayor Cllr Salih Gaygusuz said: “It was fantastic to see so many people enjoying the opening of our third Christmas market in its wonderful location near St Albans Cathedral.
“The Vintry Gardens are a wonderful sight now, with over 50 chalets decorated with fairy lights and greenery.
“Why not come along to buy presents or just to meet up with friends for festive food and drink?”
- 1 Teen punched in face and stomach during robbery
- 2 Is this the future of hospitality in St Albans?
- 3 Bank cards stolen from elderly woman
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 IN PICTURES: Alban Pilgrimage returns to city
- 6 What next for Alban Arena and city centre culture?
- 7 St Albans Beer and Cider Festival set to return after two years
- 8 Youths 'kicked and threw stones' at pregnant hedgehog in Hertfordshire
- 9 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 10 Verulam Reallymoving's Houghton on a high with Bovingdon win
The market is open until December 20.