World Cup winner signs for St Albans School
- Credit: Archant
St Albans School have appointed Kyran Bracken MBE as elite sport development manager and first XV head coach.
The World Cup winning, former captain of Saracens, who also toured with the British and Irish Lions, will bring an exceptional sporting pedigree to the school, with pupils able to benefit from his rugby and sporting knowledge, across technique, performance and approach to rugby and other sports.
His appointment sees him join other vastly experienced coaches at the school, including Martin Langston, head of hockey and director of sport, Mark Ilott, head of cricket and athletics coach, George Harrison MBE.
Bracken said: “This is the first time I have partnered with a school and St Albans School has built a strong reputation for sporting and rugby excellence.
“I am looking forward to providing support, guidance and mentoring to the next generations of talented sports players coming through the School.”
You may also want to watch:
Additionally, St Albans School has partnered with Hudl, the leading video analysis tool that is revolutionising the way that both coaches and athletes prepare for and stay ahead of the competition.
The School’s partnership with Hudl will enable coaches and pupils to take footage filmed during training and matches and using Hudl’s software, share and review performance and techniques.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 6 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
Pupils will be able to curate clips of their performance and create mini showreels and coaches will have a new resource to address strategy and tactics.
Jonathan Gillespie, headmaster at the school, said: “Bringing together one of the most successful rugby players in the country with the latest sports technology is an exciting and unique opportunity for St Albans School.
“Kyran’s rugby pedigree and knowledge will be invaluable to the School and will offer an unparalleled level of insight to our students.
“This, combined with Hudl’s industry-leading technology, will undoubtedly augment our coaches’ ability to understand and improve pupils’ technique and performance.”
For more information about sport at St Albans School, go to http://www.st-albans.herts.sch.uk/sports