Workshops bring added experiences to St Albans gift shop
- Credit: Archant
With the summer festival season now underway, a St Albans interiors and gift shop was ahead of the game with its latest workshop.
Award-winning Cositas, on Holywell Hill, has been running a range of creative classes since 2017, and the latest lesson focused on making festival head-dresses.
The workshops started off with owner Emma Bustamante teaching furniture painting, but there have since been more than 30 different workshops led by 15 different people.
Emma explained: "We love supporting small businesses to make a living out of their passion.
"The experience market is really strong, with mindful activities for a group of like-minded people becoming increasingly popular for a night out, hen party or corporate team building event.
You may also want to watch:
"I think offering experiences is the secret to keeping the high street alive and love the community that we've built around them. The workshops play a huge part in the success of Cositas and we love how well they have been received."
The festival head-dress workshop was run by Sara Galan of Pompones, who makes bespoke headpieces to match any outfit, and she also runs sessions themed around Halloween, Christmas and other special occasions.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Imagine having a criminal record before having a chance to get a job'
- 5 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 6 Property Spotlight: A quaint cottage on Fishpool Street, St Albans
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 9 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 10 Havin a fantastic lunch at new Turkish restaurant