Work scheduled to close two city centre St Albans roads tonight (Monday)
- Credit: Archant
Two city centre roads will be partly closed for an expected five nights starting tonight due to resurfacing work.
The £55,000 Herts county council led scheme will be carried out between 8pm and 5am and will also affect Victoria Street which will be open for residential access only during the works.
Phase one of the work will take place on the A1081 Chequers Street between the junctions with the A1081 London Road and A1057 Hatfield Road Roundabout.
The second phase will be on St Peter’s Street, between the junctions with the A1057 Hatfield Road Roundabout and Avenue Road.
Single alternative routes will be in place. Vehicle access to properties during the working hours will be maintained and controlled by gate men at each end of the closure but access will only be allowed when it is safe to do so.
You may also want to watch:
Terry Douris, cabinet member for highways, said: “These works form part of Hertfordshire County Council’s on-going commitment to maintain and improve our roads for the benefit of all road users in Hertfordshire.
“We appreciate that these significant resurfacing works are likely to cause disruption and inconvenience to motorists. We apologise for this and would ask everyone for their co-operation while the work is in progress.”
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
The work is weather dependent and may be called off due to unforeseen circumstances or take place outside the advertised hours.
Any changes to the proposed start date, duration or working hours will be announced on the information boards on site and will be available at http://hertfordshire.roadworks.org/
Bus service routes may be affected by these works and details are available at www.intalink.org.uk