Work pressures lead Colney Heath businessman to take his life
A HARD-WORKING businessman took his own life after a period of depression and increasing pressure at work an inquest heard on Tuesday.
Lee White, of Meadway, Colney Heath, was found in his car in November last year with a hose pipe running from the exhaust and through the boot of his car.
Mr White was found by two men in a car full of exhaust fumes. They called the police and with their help and that of a passing off-duty paramedic, they attempted to revive the 37 year old. The company director was rushed to the QEII in Welwyn Garden City but pronounced dead in the early hours of November 23.
The inquest heard how Mr White had struggled with periods of depression and had often managed them with anti-depressants.
His final depression had been as a result of a heavy workload and uncertainty about the future of his company.
You may also want to watch:
His mother told Herts Coroner Edward Thomas how her son had suddenly stopped taking his last round of anti-depressants without medical advice and that family members had pleaded with him to see his doctor about this.
Paying tribute to her son, she said that his company had been incredibly successful and his colleagues and friends had praised his brilliance in his role as company director.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 6 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
A post mortem revealed that Mr White had died of carbon monoxide poisoning.