Women step up the pace
A RUNNING club exclusively for women has been launched in St Albans. The group, part of the Women s Running Network (WRN), is open to all abilities and offers a safe and supportive environment for women to get fit while making new friends. The WRN, which
A RUNNING club exclusively for women has been launched in St Albans.
The group, part of the Women's Running Network (WRN), is open to all abilities and offers a safe and supportive environment for women to get fit while making new friends.
The WRN, which is affiliated to UK Athletics, was founded in 1998 in Devon and groups have been springing up across the country since.
All of the organisers are trained by the network and the St Albans group will be led by Sarah Forrow who has recently moved to the city from Devon where she was an active member of her local WRN group.
You may also want to watch:
She said: "I am really excited about setting up a new WRN group in St Albans. My experience of running in a group in Devon is that it is highly motivating, great fun and a chance to meet new friends.
"We welcome all abilities, including the complete beginner. Even if you are unfit and have never run before, the WRN can help you get started giving you sensible advice, support and company while you run."
- 1 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 2 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 3 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 7 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 8 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
The St Albans WRN group will meet every Monday from March 31 at OA Sports in Harpenden Road and will include a session for beginners and another for intermediates.
Those interested should contact Sarah on 07747 793250 or by email on firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the WRN visit www.womensrunningnetwork.co.uk