Women step up the pace
A RUNNING club exclusively for women has been launched in St Albans. The group, part of the Women s Running Network (WRN), is open to all abilities and offers a safe and supportive environment for women to get fit while making new friends. The WRN, which
A RUNNING club exclusively for women has been launched in St Albans.
The group, part of the Women's Running Network (WRN), is open to all abilities and offers a safe and supportive environment for women to get fit while making new friends.
The WRN, which is affiliated to UK Athletics, was founded in 1998 in Devon and groups have been springing up across the country since.
All of the organisers are trained by the network and the St Albans group will be led by Sarah Forrow who has recently moved to the city from Devon where she was an active member of her local WRN group.
She said: "I am really excited about setting up a new WRN group in St Albans. My experience of running in a group in Devon is that it is highly motivating, great fun and a chance to meet new friends.
"We welcome all abilities, including the complete beginner. Even if you are unfit and have never run before, the WRN can help you get started giving you sensible advice, support and company while you run."
- 1 Sainsbury's comes to St Albans station
- 2 Bowmans Cross development shelved as Hertsmere pulls Local Plan
- 3 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 4 What is being done to tackle fly-tipping scourge?
- 5 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 6 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 7 Return of the Fred Hughes delights runners and organisers St Albans Striders alike
- 8 St Albans leisure centre launches self-defence classes for girls as young as 12
- 9 Landowners advised to step up security following spike in fly-tipping across Hertfordshire
- 10 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
The St Albans WRN group will meet every Monday from March 31 at OA Sports in Harpenden Road and will include a session for beginners and another for intermediates.
Those interested should contact Sarah on 07747 793250 or by email on email@example.com
For more information about the WRN visit www.womensrunningnetwork.co.uk