Women’s pamper party in St Albans
A CHARITY pamper party for women is being held tomorrow (Friday August 10) from 7-9pm at St Paul’s Church in Fleetville.
Organised by Sarah Donachie, of St Albans, attendees can expect mini-treatments such as manicures and back massages, a raffle, and a complimentary glass of wine for �10. So far raffle prizes have been donated by Fitness First, Anastasias, Bare Escentuals, Nando’s, NS Salons, Harpers Fitness and Jo Banks Salon.
The event is in aid of Voluntary Services Overseas, a charity working to fight poverty and inequality globally.
This is the second pamper event Sarah has arranged after the first was a roaring success: “We did one in March for Oxfam where we raised over �650.”
She hopes it will be a ‘relaxing evening’ and a ‘big girl’s night out’.
“Generally the event is a girly evening in - a catch up, a quiz and a pamper!”
She added: “Beauticians are working for free and providing the treatments and Bare Escentuals are sending two make-up girls to help out.”
- 1 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 2 Fire broke out at flats above row of shops in How Wood
- 3 From Levi's to Leyton Road: Superstar fashionista for over 50s back on shop floor
- 4 How the extent of cost of living crisis hit home at St Albans' CEX store
- 5 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 6 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 7 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 8 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 9 Building company resurfaces bridleway to provide safe route for riders and walkers
- 10 BBC 5 Live football podcast recorded at 'Britain's oldest pub' in St Albans
No stranger to charity, Sarah has been all over the world helping others, and visited Kenya in 2008 where she built a classroom and taught students.
She has an upcoming trip to Bangladesh in September, with International Citizen Service, which is a government funded project.
“I will be working on 1 of 3 projects; water and sanitation, farming or healthcare.
“There will be seven other UK volunteers on the trip but we will be sent to three different regions of Bangladesh.”
For tickets or more information contact Sarah on 07427687880 or 01727 839563.