Women’s pamper party in St Albans
A CHARITY pamper party for women is being held tomorrow (Friday August 10) from 7-9pm at St Paul’s Church in Fleetville.
Organised by Sarah Donachie, of St Albans, attendees can expect mini-treatments such as manicures and back massages, a raffle, and a complimentary glass of wine for �10. So far raffle prizes have been donated by Fitness First, Anastasias, Bare Escentuals, Nando’s, NS Salons, Harpers Fitness and Jo Banks Salon.
The event is in aid of Voluntary Services Overseas, a charity working to fight poverty and inequality globally.
This is the second pamper event Sarah has arranged after the first was a roaring success: “We did one in March for Oxfam where we raised over �650.”
She hopes it will be a ‘relaxing evening’ and a ‘big girl’s night out’.
You may also want to watch:
“Generally the event is a girly evening in - a catch up, a quiz and a pamper!”
She added: “Beauticians are working for free and providing the treatments and Bare Escentuals are sending two make-up girls to help out.”
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 3 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 4 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 5 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 6 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 St Albans violent crime: 'Imagine having a criminal record before having a chance to get a job'
- 9 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
No stranger to charity, Sarah has been all over the world helping others, and visited Kenya in 2008 where she built a classroom and taught students.
She has an upcoming trip to Bangladesh in September, with International Citizen Service, which is a government funded project.
“I will be working on 1 of 3 projects; water and sanitation, farming or healthcare.
“There will be seven other UK volunteers on the trip but we will be sent to three different regions of Bangladesh.”
For tickets or more information contact Sarah on 07427687880 or 01727 839563.