St Albans women complete daring ‘wing walk’ for hospice
- Credit: Archant
Three women from a St Albans recruitment agency undertook a daring ‘wing walk’ to raise money for charity.
Zoe Sigler, Jo Baker and Laura Holt-Thomas, from Red Door Recruitment in Chequer Street, were strapped to the top of a biplane on Sunday, July 8 for a 10-minute flight.
The wing walk has so far raised nearly £1,500 for Rennie Grove Hospice, which Red Door has supported for years.
Zoe said: “What an absolutely nerve-wracking but incredible experience – definitely not for the faint hearted, especially as the 10 minute flight of speeds up to 130 miles per hour included dips and rises, twists and turns!
“The weather was perfect on the day and it literally felt like we were flying with wings, while soaring over the sights of Canary Wharf and Dartford Bridge.”
You may also want to watch:
To donate go to https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/reddoorrecruitment
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 4 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 7 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 8 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 9 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 10 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival