St Albans women complete daring ‘wing walk’ for hospice
- Credit: Archant
Three women from a St Albans recruitment agency undertook a daring ‘wing walk’ to raise money for charity.
Zoe Sigler, Jo Baker and Laura Holt-Thomas, from Red Door Recruitment in Chequer Street, were strapped to the top of a biplane on Sunday, July 8 for a 10-minute flight.
The wing walk has so far raised nearly £1,500 for Rennie Grove Hospice, which Red Door has supported for years.
Zoe said: “What an absolutely nerve-wracking but incredible experience – definitely not for the faint hearted, especially as the 10 minute flight of speeds up to 130 miles per hour included dips and rises, twists and turns!
“The weather was perfect on the day and it literally felt like we were flying with wings, while soaring over the sights of Canary Wharf and Dartford Bridge.”
To donate go to https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/reddoorrecruitment
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 4 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's West Common
- 5 London Colney children will be going nuts for this new Scouts group
- 6 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 9 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
- 10 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford