St Albans women complete daring ‘wing walk’ for hospice
- Credit: Archant
Three women from a St Albans recruitment agency undertook a daring ‘wing walk’ to raise money for charity.
Zoe Sigler, Jo Baker and Laura Holt-Thomas, from Red Door Recruitment in Chequer Street, were strapped to the top of a biplane on Sunday, July 8 for a 10-minute flight.
The wing walk has so far raised nearly £1,500 for Rennie Grove Hospice, which Red Door has supported for years.
Zoe said: “What an absolutely nerve-wracking but incredible experience – definitely not for the faint hearted, especially as the 10 minute flight of speeds up to 130 miles per hour included dips and rises, twists and turns!
“The weather was perfect on the day and it literally felt like we were flying with wings, while soaring over the sights of Canary Wharf and Dartford Bridge.”
You may also want to watch:
To donate go to https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/reddoorrecruitment
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 6 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 7 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 8 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 No cars mean children can play out in streets