Woman tells of Wheathampstead UFO sighting
A WOMAN has reported seeing a UFO in the skies of Wheathampstead this week.
According to an entry on the UK UFO Sightings website, the woman, known only as Janet, saw a large bright yellow/white light as she was driving along Cory-Wright Way, towards Luton Airport, on Monday night.
Her statement read: “At first I thought it was a helicopter search light. It was low on the horizon, beneath the flight of planes. The sky was quite busy with planes at the time.
“Then I wondered if it was the beam of the motorcyclist behind me. It moved to the other side of the road and was moving quickly. It was very large - as large as a street lamp. I could see it all the way home, but as I turned into the drive it went out of view behind the house.”
The woman then told how she ran into her garden and could still see it moving to the west.
You may also want to watch:
She called her husband to come and have a look and they watched it gradually disappear over the horizon.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 7 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 8 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
- 9 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 10 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space