Woman tells of Wheathampstead UFO sighting
A WOMAN has reported seeing a UFO in the skies of Wheathampstead this week.
According to an entry on the UK UFO Sightings website, the woman, known only as Janet, saw a large bright yellow/white light as she was driving along Cory-Wright Way, towards Luton Airport, on Monday night.
Her statement read: “At first I thought it was a helicopter search light. It was low on the horizon, beneath the flight of planes. The sky was quite busy with planes at the time.
“Then I wondered if it was the beam of the motorcyclist behind me. It moved to the other side of the road and was moving quickly. It was very large - as large as a street lamp. I could see it all the way home, but as I turned into the drive it went out of view behind the house.”
The woman then told how she ran into her garden and could still see it moving to the west.
You may also want to watch:
She called her husband to come and have a look and they watched it gradually disappear over the horizon.
- 1 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 2 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 3 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 4 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 5 Thameslink teams up with community in Harpenden to support vaccine drive
- 6 Two St Albans women recognised as inspirational entrepreneurs
- 7 Area Guide: The Hertfordshire market town of Hitchin
- 8 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 9 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 10 Sandridge student takes on running challenge for Mind