Woman tells of Wheathampstead UFO sighting
A WOMAN has reported seeing a UFO in the skies of Wheathampstead this week.
According to an entry on the UK UFO Sightings website, the woman, known only as Janet, saw a large bright yellow/white light as she was driving along Cory-Wright Way, towards Luton Airport, on Monday night.
Her statement read: “At first I thought it was a helicopter search light. It was low on the horizon, beneath the flight of planes. The sky was quite busy with planes at the time.
“Then I wondered if it was the beam of the motorcyclist behind me. It moved to the other side of the road and was moving quickly. It was very large - as large as a street lamp. I could see it all the way home, but as I turned into the drive it went out of view behind the house.”
The woman then told how she ran into her garden and could still see it moving to the west.
You may also want to watch:
She called her husband to come and have a look and they watched it gradually disappear over the horizon.
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 3 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 4 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 5 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 9 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans