Woman stabbed in St Albans knife attack
A WOMAN was stabbed several times in an attack in St Albans on Monday night.
Police found the 44-year-old woman from St Albans with stab wounds to her face, arms and legs in the assault which happened at around 11pm in Alma Cut.
She was rushed to Watford General Hospital but has since been transferred to the Royal Free for specialist treatment.
A short time after the attack police arrested a man and two knives were recovered.
Shane Simmons, 18, from Artisan Crescent in St Albans, has since been charged with grievous bodily harm with intent and with two counts possession of a bladed weapon.
You may also want to watch:
He appeared at Hatfield Remand Court today and was remanded into custody.
A resident who lives near to where the attack happened said he and his neighbours have been left very worried and concerned.
- 1 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 2 'Kick-ass' St Albans business campaigns for period pants tax removal
- 3 Woman loses more than £1000 in St Albans cashpoint distraction scam
- 4 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 6 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 7 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 8 New rules are a further nail in the coffin for pubs
- 9 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 10 Tributes paid to former St Albans City goalkeeper Lee Bozier
He said: “I live 10 yards from Alma Cut and use it like many others as a cut through to and from my commute. It’s worrying that this kind of thing can happen on your doorstep, you don’t expect it to happen in St Albans. The road really dark at night, maybe something should be done to improve the lighting of that area.”