Woman stabbed in St Albans knife attack
A WOMAN was stabbed several times in an attack in St Albans on Monday night.
Police found the 44-year-old woman from St Albans with stab wounds to her face, arms and legs in the assault which happened at around 11pm in Alma Cut.
She was rushed to Watford General Hospital but has since been transferred to the Royal Free for specialist treatment.
A short time after the attack police arrested a man and two knives were recovered.
Shane Simmons, 18, from Artisan Crescent in St Albans, has since been charged with grievous bodily harm with intent and with two counts possession of a bladed weapon.
He appeared at Hatfield Remand Court today and was remanded into custody.
A resident who lives near to where the attack happened said he and his neighbours have been left very worried and concerned.
- 1 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 2 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 3 Recap: Two crashes disrupting M1 and M25 drivers near St Albans
- 4 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 5 Church welcomes gay community event as part of St Albans Pub Pride
- 6 Campaign to keep Chiswell 'green' gains momentum
- 7 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 8 Pantomime dame from Radlett appears on ITV’s Britain’s Got Talent
- 9 Man in his 20s stabbed in shopping area in Hemel Hempstead
- 10 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
He said: “I live 10 yards from Alma Cut and use it like many others as a cut through to and from my commute. It’s worrying that this kind of thing can happen on your doorstep, you don’t expect it to happen in St Albans. The road really dark at night, maybe something should be done to improve the lighting of that area.”