Woman sexually assaulted in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A woman in her 20s was sexually assaulted on Tuesday (21).
She was walking along Lemsford Road, St Albans, towards the station at around 7.40am and as she walked past an alleyway, which led to York Road, a man approached her from behind and touched her inappropriately.
He then ran off towards York Road. He’s been described as a white man, possibly in his 20s, 6ft tall with brown collar length curly hair and was wearing a light coloured baseball cap, black t-shirt, black jogging bottoms and light coloured trainers.
Police are appealing for witnesses of the incident.
PC Mark Smith is investigating and said: “This road would have been relatively busy at this time and I would appeal to anyone who was in the area that morning and saw the man described, or saw what happened to please contact police with information.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact the police on the non-emergency number 101, or anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly