Woman seriously injured after car crash on Redbourn Road
- Credit: Archant
A woman in her 60s was seriously injured last night following a road traffic accident in Redbourn.
The incident happened at around 6pm on Redbourn Road (A5183) when a red Ford Ka Luxury travelling towards St Albans was involved in a collision with a silver/light blue Ford Transit panel van heading towards the M1.
The driver of the Ford Ka Luxury, a woman in her 60s, received serious injuries and is being treated at Addenbrooke’s hospital. She is in a serious but stable condition.
The driver of the Ford Transit van suffered minor injuries.
Pc David Clarke, from the Collision Investigation Unit, said: “This incident happened at a time when it is likely that other people would have been using the road to travel home.
You may also want to watch:
“I would urge that anyone who saw the vehicles prior to the collision, or the incident itself, to contact me as soon as possible.”
Anyone with information should contact the Herts Police non-emergency number 101, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development