Woman robbed in St Albans
A WOMAN was robbed as she walked down an alleyway on Monday night in St Albans.
The victim, in her 30s, was walking through an alleyway between The Ridgeway and Sherwood Avenue with her iPod on when she was approached from behind by a man at around 5.45pm.
When he attempted to steal from her back pocket she turned round and he ran off towards Caroline Sharpe House on Chiltern Road.
He’s described as white, between 18 and 22 years old and was wearing a woolly jumper with a shell-suit style jacket.
PC James Kier urged anyone with information to come forward and said: “This was an unpleasant ordeal for the victim, although fortunately the offender did not manage to take anything.”
You may also want to watch:
He also added: “I would like to remind people, if they are walking or running by themselves and particularly after dark, to avoid using iPods and MP3s as this makes you less aware of who is around you and therefore more vulnerable to these kind of opportunistic offenders.”
To share any relevant information with the police, call the non-emergency number 101.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 4 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 5 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 6 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 9 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 10 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy