Woman rescued from St Albans home after kitchen blaze

Fire-engine-2

- Credit: Archant

A woman was rescued from her kitchen after a fire broke out yesterday afternoon (Saturday, June 7).

Firefighters from St Albans attended the incident at semi-detached home in Breakspear Avenue.

They used hose reels, water jets and ventilation fan to clear the property.

A spokesman for St Albans fire station said that the fridge freezer was believed to have caught alight, though crews were unsure exactly how the fire started.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter