Woman led to safety after St Albans flat fire

Essex Fire Service was called to the scene and rescued the suspected burglar off the roof of an Indi

Essex Fire Service was called to the scene and rescued the suspected burglar off the roof of an Indian restuarant in Stansted. - Credit: Archant

A woman had to be led to safety by firefighters after a flat caught fire in St Albans yesterday (Sun).

The woman, who has since been treated for smoke inhalation, was escorted out of the Martyr Close flat before the fire service put out the blaze.

The emergency services were called to the scene at around 6pm to what was thought to be a building fire, but it was found to be a fire in a flat instead.

A single hose was used by the firefighters, and three pumps from Garston and St Albans attended.

Police and Ambulance were also at the scene, and the woman was taken to Watford General hospital to be treated.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter