Woman Injured in Harpenden Balcony Fall
A WOMAN is thought to have fallen from a balcony in the very early hours of Saturday (Sept 5) morning. Police were called to a flat in Station Road, Harpenden, at about 1.50am, following reports of an argument between a man and a woman. But on arrival, of
A WOMAN is thought to have fallen from a balcony in the very early hours of Saturday (Sept 5) morning.
Police were called to a flat in Station Road, Harpenden, at about 1.50am, following reports of an argument between a man and a woman.
But on arrival, officers found a 37-year-old woman lying injured outside the building.
A spokesperson for the ambulance service said they were called to the scene on reports that a woman had fallen from a balcony.
You may also want to watch:
He continued: "Following treatment and stabilisation at the scene, the woman was taken to Luton and Dunstable hospital with non-life threatening injuries."
Ambulance crews from Harpenden and St Albans attended the scene.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 3 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 4 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 5 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 8 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 9 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 10 St Albans violent crime: 'Imagine having a criminal record before having a chance to get a job'
Police were unable to comment in detail about the incident and it is not known if the woman fell from an inside stairwell balcony or one outside.
But a spokesperson for Herts Police did confirm that 37-year-old man was arrested at the scene on suspicion of grievous bodily harm.
He has been bailed to return to Borehamwood police station in October.
The woman remains in a stable condition.