Woman Injured in Harpenden Balcony Fall
A WOMAN is thought to have fallen from a balcony in the very early hours of Saturday (Sept 5) morning. Police were called to a flat in Station Road, Harpenden, at about 1.50am, following reports of an argument between a man and a woman. But on arrival, of
A WOMAN is thought to have fallen from a balcony in the very early hours of Saturday (Sept 5) morning.
Police were called to a flat in Station Road, Harpenden, at about 1.50am, following reports of an argument between a man and a woman.
But on arrival, officers found a 37-year-old woman lying injured outside the building.
A spokesperson for the ambulance service said they were called to the scene on reports that a woman had fallen from a balcony.
He continued: "Following treatment and stabilisation at the scene, the woman was taken to Luton and Dunstable hospital with non-life threatening injuries."
Ambulance crews from Harpenden and St Albans attended the scene.
- 1 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 2 How the extent of cost of living crisis hit home at St Albans' CEX store
- 3 From Levi's to Leyton Road: Superstar fashionista for over 50s back on shop floor
- 4 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 5 Fire broke out at flats above row of shops in How Wood
- 6 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 7 BBC 5 Live football podcast recorded at 'Britain's oldest pub' in St Albans
- 8 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 9 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 10 VOTE: Which is your favourite chip shop in all of Hertfordshire?
Police were unable to comment in detail about the incident and it is not known if the woman fell from an inside stairwell balcony or one outside.
But a spokesperson for Herts Police did confirm that 37-year-old man was arrested at the scene on suspicion of grievous bodily harm.
He has been bailed to return to Borehamwood police station in October.
The woman remains in a stable condition.