Woman Injured in Harpenden Balcony Fall
A WOMAN is thought to have fallen from a balcony in the very early hours of Saturday (Sept 5) morning. Police were called to a flat in Station Road, Harpenden, at about 1.50am, following reports of an argument between a man and a woman. But on arrival, of
A WOMAN is thought to have fallen from a balcony in the very early hours of Saturday (Sept 5) morning.
Police were called to a flat in Station Road, Harpenden, at about 1.50am, following reports of an argument between a man and a woman.
But on arrival, officers found a 37-year-old woman lying injured outside the building.
A spokesperson for the ambulance service said they were called to the scene on reports that a woman had fallen from a balcony.
You may also want to watch:
He continued: "Following treatment and stabilisation at the scene, the woman was taken to Luton and Dunstable hospital with non-life threatening injuries."
Ambulance crews from Harpenden and St Albans attended the scene.
- 1 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 2 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 3 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 4 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 5 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 6 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 7 Charter Market gazebos plan is fait accomplit says portfolio holder
- 8 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 9 New £250K play park to be built in Harpenden
- 10 May 17th: How one independent pub chain is coping
Police were unable to comment in detail about the incident and it is not known if the woman fell from an inside stairwell balcony or one outside.
But a spokesperson for Herts Police did confirm that 37-year-old man was arrested at the scene on suspicion of grievous bodily harm.
He has been bailed to return to Borehamwood police station in October.
The woman remains in a stable condition.