Woman in her 90s rescued from Wheathampstead flat fire
- Credit: Archant
An elderly woman in her 90s was rescued from a flat in Wheathampstead on Saturday morning (June 13) after a fire broke out.
Three crews from Wheathampstead, Harpenden and Hatfield attended the incident in King Edward Place in High Street at 8.12am, following reports of a fire in the ground floor flat.
They used two sets of breathing apparatus, a hose reel and one covering jet to extinguish the fire, which was believed to be accidental.
They were on the scene until 9.02am.
A spokeswoman for the East of England Ambulance Service Trust confirmed officers were called to a flat fire just off the High Street in Wheathampstead at 8.14am.
An ambulance, a rapid response vehicle and an ambulance officer all attended and treated a woman in her 90s.
She was taken to Luton and Dunstable Hospital suffering from smoke inhalation.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's West Common
- 5 London Colney children will be going nuts for this new Scouts group
- 6 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 7 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice
- 8 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
- 9 Video shows thief stealing parcel from St Albans home doorstep
- 10 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star