Woman in her 20s dies on the A414 in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A woman in her 20s has died after her car overturned on the A414 in the early hours of this morning (Monday).
She was driving a black Renault Clio at about 1am when for reasons unknown her car left the road and overturned near the junction with Potters Crouch lane, St Albans.
No one else was involved in the collision.
Police were called at 1.20am and the ambulance and fire service also attended the scene.
The road was closed between the Park Street Roundabout and junction 8 of the M1 to allow investigations to take place. The road re-opened at around 7am.
You may also want to watch:
Investigations are ongoing.
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 4 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 5 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 6 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 7 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 8 Appeal for witnesses after fatal road accident
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 No cars mean children can play out in streets