Woman in her 20s dies on the A414 in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A woman in her 20s has died after her car overturned on the A414 in the early hours of this morning (Monday).
She was driving a black Renault Clio at about 1am when for reasons unknown her car left the road and overturned near the junction with Potters Crouch lane, St Albans.
No one else was involved in the collision.
Police were called at 1.20am and the ambulance and fire service also attended the scene.
The road was closed between the Park Street Roundabout and junction 8 of the M1 to allow investigations to take place. The road re-opened at around 7am.
Investigations are ongoing.
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 3 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 4 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 5 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 6 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 7 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 8 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 9 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 10 History in the making as Colney Heath Ladies reach county cup final for first time