Woman hospitalised following rescue from ‘smoke logged’ St Albans home

Firefighters rescued a woman in her 70s

Firefighters rescued a woman in her 70s - Credit: Cambs Fire & Rescue Service

A woman is currently in hospital following an escape from a smoke logged house this afternoon.

The woman, said to be in her 70s, was allegedly found ‘passed out’ at her property on Vesta Avenue, St Albans, by a man delivering fish to her home.

He called the emergency services at around 1pm after he heard the fire alarm and saw the woman on her sofa in a smoky room.

A spokesperson for St Albans fire service said they the led the woman to safety and she was treated at the scene with oxygen therapy, before being taken to hospital for smoke inhalation.

It is believed that the excessive smoke was caused by burnt food.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus