Woman hospitalised following rescue from ‘smoke logged’ St Albans home

PUBLISHED: 15:02 22 April 2015 | UPDATED: 15:02 22 April 2015

Firefighters rescued a woman in her 70s

Firefighters rescued a woman in her 70s

Cambs Fire & Rescue Service

A woman is currently in hospital following an escape from a smoke logged house this afternoon.

The woman, said to be in her 70s, was allegedly found ‘passed out’ at her property on Vesta Avenue, St Albans, by a man delivering fish to her home.

He called the emergency services at around 1pm after he heard the fire alarm and saw the woman on her sofa in a smoky room.

A spokesperson for St Albans fire service said they the led the woman to safety and she was treated at the scene with oxygen therapy, before being taken to hospital for smoke inhalation.

It is believed that the excessive smoke was caused by burnt food.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Herts Advertiser. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Herts Advertiser