Woman found in canal near M25 in Hertfordshire
- Credit: PA
A woman has been found in a canal near the M25 in Hertfordshire.
Officers from Hertfordshire Police were called to Hunton Bridge, between Hemel Hempstead and Watford.
A member of the public called police with concerns for a woman who was in the Grand Union Canal at around 12.38pm yesterday (Wednesday, May 11).
Emergency crews attended, but the woman was pronounced dead at the scene.
A Hertfordshire Police spokesperson said: "Her next of kin have been informed and, at this stage, the death is being treated as unexplained.
"Officers remain at the scene and a cordon is in place.
"Officers are appealing for witnesses who may have seen the woman by the canal between 11am and 12.35pm on Wednesday, May 11."
- 1 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 2 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 3 Recap: Two crashes disrupting M1 and M25 drivers near St Albans
- 4 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 5 Pantomime dame from Radlett appears on ITV’s Britain’s Got Talent
- 6 Campaign to keep Chiswell 'green' gains momentum
- 7 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
- 8 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 9 Have you had your council tax rebate yet?
- 10 Mr Motorsports - the St Albans lawyer with F1 flair
The woman is described as white, aged in her 50s and approximately 5ft 5in tall.
She was of medium build with shoulder-length brown hair.
She was wearing a dark-coloured or black hoodie, dark jeans, and black trainers with a white sole.
The police spokesperson said witnesses can contact police online (https://www.herts.police.uk/), or by phone on 101, quoting ISR 282 of May 11.
If you feel you need help and support, you can call the NHS on 111 and press option 2 for the 24/7 first response service. Alternatively, contact a Samaritan on 116 123 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.