Woman Escapes London Colney Kitchen Fire

A KITCHEN fire caused considerable damage to a London Colney property last night. The blaze broke out at around 9.30pm, when a chest fridge freezer in a Five Acres property caught alight. The woman inside the house, who was sitting in the living room ne

A KITCHEN fire caused considerable damage to a London Colney property last night.

The blaze broke out at around 9.30pm, when a chest fridge freezer in a Five Acres property caught alight.

The woman inside the house, who was sitting in the living room next door, only noticed the fire when she went to go into the kitchen, as her smoke alarm wasn't fitted with batteries.

Sean Costello, one of the fire fighters who attended the scene, said: "Luckily the woman escaped unhurt, but incidents such as these show how important it is to have working smoke alarms. They should be maintained on a regular basis.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus