Woman cut out of car in seven vehicle collision on A414
- Credit: Cambs Fire Service
A seven vehicle collision on the A414 yesterday evening (Sunday) saw a woman cut out of her car, the fire service has said.
At around 6pm a black Vauxhall Corsa veered off the road and collided with the hedge line near the Shell Garage in Colney Heath, police added.
It is believed that the car then hit a lamppost, before a woman in her 20s was cut out of the vehicle by firefighters, who removed the roof.
She was later taken to Watford General Hospital with back pains, but a spokesman for the ambulance service said he believed her injuries are not serious.
Police recovered four cars from the scene: a black Ford Focus, a white Audi A1 and a black Audi TT, alongside the black Corsa.
Police, an ambulance, a rapid response vehicle, two pumps from St Albans Fire Station, and two pumps from Hatfield all attended the scene.
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 5 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 6 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 7 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 8 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 9 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 10 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star