Woman cut out of car in seven vehicle collision on A414
- Credit: Cambs Fire Service
A seven vehicle collision on the A414 yesterday evening (Sunday) saw a woman cut out of her car, the fire service has said.
At around 6pm a black Vauxhall Corsa veered off the road and collided with the hedge line near the Shell Garage in Colney Heath, police added.
It is believed that the car then hit a lamppost, before a woman in her 20s was cut out of the vehicle by firefighters, who removed the roof.
She was later taken to Watford General Hospital with back pains, but a spokesman for the ambulance service said he believed her injuries are not serious.
Police recovered four cars from the scene: a black Ford Focus, a white Audi A1 and a black Audi TT, alongside the black Corsa.
You may also want to watch:
Police, an ambulance, a rapid response vehicle, two pumps from St Albans Fire Station, and two pumps from Hatfield all attended the scene.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 3 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25