Woman cut out of car in seven vehicle collision on A414
- Credit: Cambs Fire Service
A seven vehicle collision on the A414 yesterday evening (Sunday) saw a woman cut out of her car, the fire service has said.
At around 6pm a black Vauxhall Corsa veered off the road and collided with the hedge line near the Shell Garage in Colney Heath, police added.
It is believed that the car then hit a lamppost, before a woman in her 20s was cut out of the vehicle by firefighters, who removed the roof.
She was later taken to Watford General Hospital with back pains, but a spokesman for the ambulance service said he believed her injuries are not serious.
Police recovered four cars from the scene: a black Ford Focus, a white Audi A1 and a black Audi TT, alongside the black Corsa.
You may also want to watch:
Police, an ambulance, a rapid response vehicle, two pumps from St Albans Fire Station, and two pumps from Hatfield all attended the scene.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly