Woman cut from car following crash on Hatfield Road St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A driver had to be cut from her vehicle following a three car collision near the former site of the St Albans museum this afternoon (Wednesday).
Police were forced to close off Hatfield Road at about midday to allow emergency services to attend to the woman, who was driving a silver BMW.
The car had been hit from behind by a red Suzuki after it in turn had collided with a blue Volkswagen outside the Peacock Inn.
The driver of the Suzuki told a passer by to phone for help and fire and police crews were on the scene minutes later.
Paramedics arrived shortly after to take the stricken women to Watford General Hospital.
The road has now re-opened.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 4 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 5 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 6 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 7 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 8 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 9 Caretakers of creation: church's work protecting environment
- 10 Author's new book explores mental health during the pandemic