Woman cut from car following crash on Hatfield Road St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A driver had to be cut from her vehicle following a three car collision near the former site of the St Albans museum this afternoon (Wednesday).
Police were forced to close off Hatfield Road at about midday to allow emergency services to attend to the woman, who was driving a silver BMW.
The car had been hit from behind by a red Suzuki after it in turn had collided with a blue Volkswagen outside the Peacock Inn.
The driver of the Suzuki told a passer by to phone for help and fire and police crews were on the scene minutes later.
Paramedics arrived shortly after to take the stricken women to Watford General Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
The road has now re-opened.
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 6 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 7 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 8 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN