Woman cut from car following crash on Hatfield Road St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A driver had to be cut from her vehicle following a three car collision near the former site of the St Albans museum this afternoon (Wednesday).
Police were forced to close off Hatfield Road at about midday to allow emergency services to attend to the woman, who was driving a silver BMW.
The car had been hit from behind by a red Suzuki after it in turn had collided with a blue Volkswagen outside the Peacock Inn.
The driver of the Suzuki told a passer by to phone for help and fire and police crews were on the scene minutes later.
Paramedics arrived shortly after to take the stricken women to Watford General Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
The road has now re-opened.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 9 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 10 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism