Woman charged with drink driving following crash on A414
- Credit: Archant
A 23 year old woman has been charged with suspicion of driving while under the influence of alcohol following a crash on the A414 last night (Wednesday) which resulted in the hospitalisation of both herself and her passenger.
Bethany Tomisom and her passenger were travelling from Hatfield to London Colney at about 11.30pm when they collided with the roundabout and then into various signs before coming to a stop on the entry slip to Colney Heath.
The passenger, a man said to be in his 20s, had to be cut out of the car by hydraulic rescue tools and sustained head injuries following the collision. He was taken to Royal Free London hospital.
The side of the car, a Volkswagen Polo, had to be removed as well as the roof. Bethany also sustained head injuries but was able to remove herself from the vehicle before being taken to Lister hospital.
There was oil and debris in the carriageway and the road was closed off by Police. At around 2am Herts Highways took over the road closures. The vehicle was recovered by police.
You may also want to watch:
The road has since re-opened.
Anyone who witnessed the collision or has any other information about the incident should contact Herts Police via 101.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 3 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 4 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 5 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 6 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 7 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season