Woman charged with drink driving following crash on A414
- Credit: Archant
A 23 year old woman has been charged with suspicion of driving while under the influence of alcohol following a crash on the A414 last night (Wednesday) which resulted in the hospitalisation of both herself and her passenger.
Bethany Tomisom and her passenger were travelling from Hatfield to London Colney at about 11.30pm when they collided with the roundabout and then into various signs before coming to a stop on the entry slip to Colney Heath.
The passenger, a man said to be in his 20s, had to be cut out of the car by hydraulic rescue tools and sustained head injuries following the collision. He was taken to Royal Free London hospital.
The side of the car, a Volkswagen Polo, had to be removed as well as the roof. Bethany also sustained head injuries but was able to remove herself from the vehicle before being taken to Lister hospital.
There was oil and debris in the carriageway and the road was closed off by Police. At around 2am Herts Highways took over the road closures. The vehicle was recovered by police.
The road has since re-opened.
Anyone who witnessed the collision or has any other information about the incident should contact Herts Police via 101.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 4 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 5 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 6 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 7 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 8 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 9 Caretakers of creation: church's work protecting environment
- 10 Area Guide: The busy Hertfordshire town of Hemel Hempstead