Woman charged with drink driving following crash on A414
- Credit: Archant
A 23 year old woman has been charged with suspicion of driving while under the influence of alcohol following a crash on the A414 last night (Wednesday) which resulted in the hospitalisation of both herself and her passenger.
Bethany Tomisom and her passenger were travelling from Hatfield to London Colney at about 11.30pm when they collided with the roundabout and then into various signs before coming to a stop on the entry slip to Colney Heath.
The passenger, a man said to be in his 20s, had to be cut out of the car by hydraulic rescue tools and sustained head injuries following the collision. He was taken to Royal Free London hospital.
The side of the car, a Volkswagen Polo, had to be removed as well as the roof. Bethany also sustained head injuries but was able to remove herself from the vehicle before being taken to Lister hospital.
There was oil and debris in the carriageway and the road was closed off by Police. At around 2am Herts Highways took over the road closures. The vehicle was recovered by police.
You may also want to watch:
The road has since re-opened.
Anyone who witnessed the collision or has any other information about the incident should contact Herts Police via 101.
- 1 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 4 11 of St Albans' prettiest streets
- 5 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 9 An old friend returns after 30 years
- 10 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden