Woman attempts to snatch handbag in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A woman in St Albans approached another woman from behind and tried to steal her handbag.
The victim, a woman in her 40s, was walking along Vanda Crescent at 5pm on Saturday, July 15, when the other woman approached her.
The attempted thief tried to snatch her handbag. They struggled briefly before the offender ran off towards Alban Way, without the bag.
She is described as a black woman in her mid 30s, with shoulder-length wavy hair.
The incident is being investigated by the St Albans Local Crime Unit.
Det Con Ayodeji Afolabi said: “I would like to speak to anyone who saw this incident or who knows anything about it. The information you provide could be very useful to our investigation.”
Anyone with information should contact the DC Afolabi via the police non-emergency number 101. Or if you prefer, information can be given anonymously to the independent charity Crimestoppers by calling on 0800 555 111 or going online to www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 5 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 6 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 7 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 8 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 9 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 10 Caretakers of creation: church's work protecting environment