Witness appeal after man seriously injured in St Albans crash
- Credit: Laura Bill
Police are appealing for witnesses after a crash in St Albans city centre this morning, which left a man in a critical condition.
A motorcycle and a van were involved in the collision on Holywell Hill at around 7.10am today (Friday, January 10).
The motorcyclist sustained serious injuries, and was taken by air ambulance to the Royal London Hospital. His next of kin have been informed.
Sgt Simon Cooper, from the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Road Policing Unit, said: "We are appealing for anyone who witnessed the collision to come forward as a matter of urgency.
"This is a busy stretch of road, and we believe that multiple people would have seen the incident occur or driven past soon after.
You may also want to watch:
"If you did witness the incident, or have any information that you think could assist our investigation, please get in contact with us as soon as possible.
"I'd also ask anyone who was driving in the area around the time and has a dash cam fitted to their vehicle to please review their footage.
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 St Albans Chamber's Not St George's Day event is a smash success
- 4 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 5 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared
- 6 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 7 Harpenden Christmas Carnival returns for 2021
- 8 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 9 St Albans named among Britain's best places for first-time buyer discounts
- 10 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
"If you have anything that you think may help with our enquiries, please let us know."
You can report information online at herts.police.uk/report, speak to an operator in the Force Communications Room via online web chat at herts.police.uk/contact or call the non-emergency number 101 quoting Op Simool.