Witness appeal after man seriously injured in St Albans crash
- Credit: Laura Bill
Police are appealing for witnesses after a crash in St Albans city centre this morning, which left a man in a critical condition.
A motorcycle and a van were involved in the collision on Holywell Hill at around 7.10am today (Friday, January 10).
The motorcyclist sustained serious injuries, and was taken by air ambulance to the Royal London Hospital. His next of kin have been informed.
Sgt Simon Cooper, from the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Road Policing Unit, said: "We are appealing for anyone who witnessed the collision to come forward as a matter of urgency.
"This is a busy stretch of road, and we believe that multiple people would have seen the incident occur or driven past soon after.
You may also want to watch:
"If you did witness the incident, or have any information that you think could assist our investigation, please get in contact with us as soon as possible.
"I'd also ask anyone who was driving in the area around the time and has a dash cam fitted to their vehicle to please review their footage.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 3 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 4 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 5 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 St Albans barber and landlord hit by Covid closures due to 'pingdemic'
- 8 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 9 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 10 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
"If you have anything that you think may help with our enquiries, please let us know."
You can report information online at herts.police.uk/report, speak to an operator in the Force Communications Room via online web chat at herts.police.uk/contact or call the non-emergency number 101 quoting Op Simool.