Witness appeal after Bricket Wood girl critically injured in road accident
A 15-YEAR-OLD girl remains in a critical condition after a road traffic accident in Bricket Wood on Friday. It happened on the A405 at around 3.45pm and involved the schoolgirl and a silver Peugeot 207. The car, which was travelling northbound on the A405
A 15-YEAR-OLD girl remains in a critical condition after a road traffic accident in Bricket Wood on Friday.
It happened on the A405 at around 3.45pm and involved the schoolgirl and a silver Peugeot 207.
The car, which was travelling northbound on the A405 towards St Albans, was approximately 48 metres north of the junction with Chequers Lane and was driving through a pedestrian crossing when the accident occurred.
The girl, who lives in Bricket Wood, suffered serious injuries and was taken to St Mary's Hospital in London before being transferred to Charing Cross Hospital where her condition is critical.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for witnesses and information about the accident which occurred at a busy time of day when there must have been plenty of people in the area.
Anyone with information should contact Pc Ian Breacher, a serious traffic incident investigator, via the non-emergency number on 0845 33 00 222 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 3 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 4 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 5 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 8 St Albans barber and landlord hit by Covid closures due to 'pingdemic'
- 9 Revealed: The St Albans postcodes with the biggest house price reductions
- 10 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre