Witness appeal after Bricket Wood girl critically injured in road accident
A 15-YEAR-OLD girl remains in a critical condition after a road traffic accident in Bricket Wood on Friday. It happened on the A405 at around 3.45pm and involved the schoolgirl and a silver Peugeot 207. The car, which was travelling northbound on the A405
A 15-YEAR-OLD girl remains in a critical condition after a road traffic accident in Bricket Wood on Friday.
It happened on the A405 at around 3.45pm and involved the schoolgirl and a silver Peugeot 207.
The car, which was travelling northbound on the A405 towards St Albans, was approximately 48 metres north of the junction with Chequers Lane and was driving through a pedestrian crossing when the accident occurred.
The girl, who lives in Bricket Wood, suffered serious injuries and was taken to St Mary's Hospital in London before being transferred to Charing Cross Hospital where her condition is critical.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for witnesses and information about the accident which occurred at a busy time of day when there must have been plenty of people in the area.
Anyone with information should contact Pc Ian Breacher, a serious traffic incident investigator, via the non-emergency number on 0845 33 00 222 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 5 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 6 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 7 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 8 Mouth of the Tyne: St Albans City don't do lower league opposition but keep bringing them on
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 Revealed: The most popular places in Hertfordshire to move to