Witness appeal after Bricket Wood girl critically injured in road accident
A 15-YEAR-OLD girl remains in a critical condition after a road traffic accident in Bricket Wood on Friday. It happened on the A405 at around 3.45pm and involved the schoolgirl and a silver Peugeot 207. The car, which was travelling northbound on the A405
A 15-YEAR-OLD girl remains in a critical condition after a road traffic accident in Bricket Wood on Friday.
It happened on the A405 at around 3.45pm and involved the schoolgirl and a silver Peugeot 207.
The car, which was travelling northbound on the A405 towards St Albans, was approximately 48 metres north of the junction with Chequers Lane and was driving through a pedestrian crossing when the accident occurred.
The girl, who lives in Bricket Wood, suffered serious injuries and was taken to St Mary's Hospital in London before being transferred to Charing Cross Hospital where her condition is critical.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for witnesses and information about the accident which occurred at a busy time of day when there must have been plenty of people in the area.
Anyone with information should contact Pc Ian Breacher, a serious traffic incident investigator, via the non-emergency number on 0845 33 00 222 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
- 2 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament
- 3 More things which have gone but are not forgotten in St Albans
- 4 Row over new barriers blocking path for wheelchair users
- 5 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 6 District's COVID cases fall below England's average for first time in a month
- 7 St Albans named among Britain’s hottest property markets
- 8 Row over charges for garden waste continues
- 9 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
- 10 Horse owner pleads with public not to feed equine