Witness appeal after Bricket Wood girl critically injured in road accident
A 15-YEAR-OLD girl remains in a critical condition after a road traffic accident in Bricket Wood on Friday. It happened on the A405 at around 3.45pm and involved the schoolgirl and a silver Peugeot 207. The car, which was travelling northbound on the A405
A 15-YEAR-OLD girl remains in a critical condition after a road traffic accident in Bricket Wood on Friday.
It happened on the A405 at around 3.45pm and involved the schoolgirl and a silver Peugeot 207.
The car, which was travelling northbound on the A405 towards St Albans, was approximately 48 metres north of the junction with Chequers Lane and was driving through a pedestrian crossing when the accident occurred.
The girl, who lives in Bricket Wood, suffered serious injuries and was taken to St Mary's Hospital in London before being transferred to Charing Cross Hospital where her condition is critical.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for witnesses and information about the accident which occurred at a busy time of day when there must have been plenty of people in the area.
Anyone with information should contact Pc Ian Breacher, a serious traffic incident investigator, via the non-emergency number on 0845 33 00 222 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 CCTV appeal after £100,000 worth of vehicles destroyed in arson attack
- 2 What to expect with pupils heading back to the classroom
- 3 Residents' misery after disruption on former Butterfly World site
- 4 Special report: An insight into dog theft in Hertfordshire
- 5 Tributes paid following death of 'warm and polite' Redbourn councillor
- 6 Blooming Burnham flower tributes 'spread love not lurgies'
- 7 St Albans' COVID cases decline considerably as roadmap out of lockdown announced
- 8 Harpenden receives high praise from Health Secretary over vaccine
- 9 The latest court results from the St Albans area
- 10 Renewed promises made across three generations of Herts guides