Wishing well coins stolen in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Around £20 worth of coins or ‘wishes’ have been stolen from a wishing well in St Albans, prompting police to launch an investigation.
The coins were taken from the Herts and Middlesex Wildlife Trust well sometime between 4.30pm on Friday, October 10 and around 11am on Tuesday, October 14 in Verulamium Park.
Thieves forced a padlock and removed a secure metal covering over the wishing well before taking the coins.
PC Sean Lannon is investigating and said: “If you were in this area of the park between these dates and have any information which would assist the investigation I would like to hear from you.
“It is possible that the offenders would have been there for some time so I am confident someone must know something.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to contact PC Lannon on the non-emergency number 101. Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 3 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 4 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 7 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 8 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 9 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans