Wishing well coins stolen in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Around £20 worth of coins or ‘wishes’ have been stolen from a wishing well in St Albans, prompting police to launch an investigation.
The coins were taken from the Herts and Middlesex Wildlife Trust well sometime between 4.30pm on Friday, October 10 and around 11am on Tuesday, October 14 in Verulamium Park.
Thieves forced a padlock and removed a secure metal covering over the wishing well before taking the coins.
PC Sean Lannon is investigating and said: “If you were in this area of the park between these dates and have any information which would assist the investigation I would like to hear from you.
“It is possible that the offenders would have been there for some time so I am confident someone must know something.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact PC Lannon on the non-emergency number 101. Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 3 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 4 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 5 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 6 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 7 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 8 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 9 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 10 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins