Win free personal training sessions for the Herts 10K
IF you’ve ever wanted to take part in the Herts 10K but have worried about your level of fitness, then we have just the opportunity you’ve been waiting for.
Last year we followed the progress of Herts Advertiser editor, Matt Adams, as he went from being a self-confessed couch potato to a regular runner, completing the 2011 Herts 10K for local hospice care in a respectable time.
Now the Herts Advertiser, in partnership with Ben Jackson Personal Training, is giving one lucky reader the chance to make their own fitness journey with the ultimate goal of completing the Herts 10K run in October.
Ben Jackson is a personal trainer who has huge experience in training complete beginners who have very low levels of fitness and helping them to fulfil their ambitions. Over a four month period Ben will train alongside you, keeping you motivated and giving you all the encouragement and expertise you need to complete the Herts 10K.
The Herts 10K takes place on Sunday, October 14, and our lucky winner will take part alongside nearly 3,000 other runners, a fantastic experience in itself.
This experience is made all the more rewarding as the run is organised by local charity, Iain Rennie Grove House Hospice Care (IRGH) and runners will be raising sponsorship money to help fund the charity’s services.
Through its 24/7 Hospice at Home nursing service, the day hospice and other support services, IRGH is able to offer local patients diagnosed with life-limiting illness the choice to be cared for at home, with all services being provided at no cost to the patient.
- 1 Teen punched in face and stomach during robbery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Is this the future of hospitality in St Albans?
- 4 Youths 'kicked and threw stones' at pregnant hedgehog in Hertfordshire
- 5 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 6 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 7 IN PICTURES: Alban Pilgrimage returns to city
- 8 Community green spaces at risk of development on St Albans estate
- 9 What the fox? Mystery shoe thief revealed!
- 10 'Spellbinding performances' in St Albans Musical Theatre Company's production of Rent
The winner will share the highs and lows of their personal fitness journey with other Herts Advertiser readers in a regular column in the paper and these weekly progress updates may well inspire other readers to join in too.
We are looking for someone who, for whatever reason, has a real desire to change their lifestyle and get fit and who is willing to share their story.
In return they will receive four hours of personal training each week combining specialist strength, endurance and speed training along with a personal nutrition plan.
There will also be the opportunity to join Ben’s popular Boxing Boot Camp training sessions that take place at Bernards Heath Park in St Albans – see www.benjacksonpt.com
They will also receive free entry to the Herts 10K and we would encourage them to ask friends and family to sponsor them through the whole journey from winning the competition through to crossing the finish line.
For one reader this really will be a life-changing opportunity.
If you’d like to follow Matt’s running steps and change your lifestyle we want to hear from you. Simply tell us in 200 words or less why you’d like to get fit and take part in the Herts 10K.
Send your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org marked ‘Herts 10K competition’, or write to the address on page two.
Entries should be received by May 31, 2012. Your personal training programme will begin in the week commencing June 18 and continue until the Herts 10K.
Terms and conditions
* You must be over 18 years old and be available on Sunday, October 14, 2012 to take part in the Herts 10K.
* You must commit to four training sessions per week (two with a personal trainer and two independent sessions). Personal training sessions will take place during the day on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursdays from 11am-4pm at a location which is convenient for you.
* You must be willing to take part in all publicity. Closing date for entries is May 31, 2012.